car chase by elders at age 11

by ashtheflash 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• ashtheflash
    ashtheflash

Hello there i would like to tell a story that will shock you. This is how it all started... My sister at 19 was planning to marry a brother into the kingdom hall, she was not yet baptized so she was trying to keep her marriage plans a secret. A couple of weeks from her marriage the elders of the congretation found out and contacted my mother whom we were still living with. That night they told her she was not allowed to leave her house because two elders were coming over to councell my sister and my mother to see what they were both hiding from them.My mother had enough hassle from the elders because she was a single mother, so she told my sister and I to get ready we were taking off for a couple of days. My mother called a brother she was seeing secretively and told him the situation and he was over to our house immediately. He arrived and we drove off with him to his place where he hid my sister and I. He and my mother went and got a key to a house that he was housesitting for a couple of weeks. On there way they spotted a car outside my mothers house, it was two elders checking the doors and knocking as we passed slowly. My mother told the brother to stop and pull on the side of the road for a second, my mother watched through her passenger side window, the elders returned to there car and continued watching our house for any movement inside or outside like two investergators. So my mother drove on to get where they were going to get the key. A short while later my mother and the brother arrived at the house where we were at. He came inside and told us it was ok to go out into the car on the other side of a neighbours fence he had hid the car. We were sitting in the back seat, the brother told us to buckle up, mother looked at us and told us that the elders were watching our house and patrolling the area. Just as we were pulling out of the driveway a car passed and it was the elders!! They had seen us all in the car, it was dark out by now but they knew who we were and the u turned their car around like madmen out of control. We sped away as fast as we could go down the back streets of of our town. The caught up to us tailgating us and highbeaming us to stop immediately like they were police. We did not give in, by now they knew about the brother and my mother, not alone my sister who they were after in the first place. I didnt know how bad they threatened us to stay home, it was more then what we expected, there tone of voice said enough "says my mother". The brother steped on the gas and told us to hold on and pray to God, we hit turns doing 110 kilometers a hour driving on the shoulder of the road to distract them. Finally he hauled on the hand brake and spun around like some sort of dukes of hazard.(Ha which we were not allowed to watch), and headed to the house we were destined for in the first place. We could then see the elders headlights fading in the back of us, amazing back then what a 267 V8 sunbird could do. They finally gave up the chase, we knew the consequences for doing what we did for running away. We hid out for a week in luxury at this big house without harrassment from the elders. We did not go to a single meeting, i thought i was on the paradise earth these clowns always talked about. They phoned the radio station for us requesting us to call them. We finally returned home and the elders tried calling us but my mother said for them to stay away from us. The brother who helped us got disfellowshiped for misconduct and dating without supervision of a elder. My mother got put on public reproof and my sister or I never got anything out of it because we did not get baptized. Thats the whole point about this religion once they have you baptized they think they own you. But we had the last laugh we got out of the religion and im happy ever since. My sister never did get married to the brother but councelled him as well for withholding information from the governing body of jehovah witnesses. Please reply if you have any opinions or questions on this crazy story.

• skeeterkay
    skeeterkay

Glad that ya'll got away and that no one was injured (well...physically injured, anyway).

• melmac
    melmac

I'm so glad you escaped the baddies!

• Gill
    Gill

COOL!!!!

Wish I could have seen it!

Glad you were all okay and escaped thought!

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Kansas District Overbeer

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

It's so pathetic and arrogant what Jehovah's henchmen feel that they are allowed to do, isn't it? They really take things to the extremes, which makes people feel like trapped animals. Yup, I'm SURE that Jesus approved of THAT!

I was hounded by them because I wrote a letter telling them that I didn't WANT them coming here (after being ignored for MONTHS, and many JWs have to pass right by my house to get to town) and OH-BOY the rush to my doorstep started. They rang the phone several times a day (answering machine got it) and were here day and night for weeks.

The more they did this, the more resentful and angry I became. I live in the country. Hubby works a different shift every day. The elders were there MOMENTS after hubby was out of sight, many, many times. They HAD to be lurking right by the house, it was no coincidence.

I wouldn't have believed this could happen if I had not seen it myself. I had done nothing unscriptural or anything of that nature---yet I was under surviellance (sp?) like I had committed murder! Nothing they do would surprise me.

Annie

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I would've loved to be in your car! What a rush that would've been.

• Badger
    Badger

If you told this story to anyone who wasn't a witness or knew what they were capable of, They wouldn't believe it.

I love it. Great tale.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Are you from Wisconsin? I remember something like that happening here about 3 or 4 years ago.

Dustin

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Do you think they (the elders) now refer to themselves as Special Watchtower And Tracts team?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit