Reading the Bible Alone "Will Lead you to Apostate Thinkings!" Stay a Watchtowerite!

by BucketShopBill 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Wait a minute, so the WT uses the bible scriptures to support it's apostate doctrine, then goes ahead and claims reading the bible leads to apostacy?

GB: "As you see in the bible, we must disfellowship apostates. Apostates go against God and against the bible. Now many people who read the bible revert to apostates teachings. So you must follow the WT only, because reading the bible alone will lead you to apostacy, then according to the bible we must disfellowship and shun you!"

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Clarity - you don't have the updated doctrine,

"All scripture Watchtower publications is inspired.................................

that the man slaves of god the governing body may be fully competant ignorant ,

completely equipped for every good work bidding of theirs"

2Knorr 3:16,17 ...........

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

The Bible, unfortunately, is FULL of apostate ideas. One can not be too careful.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Oh , wait, according to the All Scripture is Inspired book, the early CHURCH was resposible for its canonization and protection. If, then, the early CHURCH was apostate, as the ORG states, then the Bible must be an apostate book. So , logically, when one reads the Bible, one becomes an apostate!

Sounds alot like the absurdity of the Monty Python skit....

"We have a witch! We have a witch! May we burn her?"

"How do you know she is a witch?"

"She looks like one."

You know the rest of the schtick.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"How do you know she is a witch?"

"She turned me into a newt. I got better."

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

"If she weighs as much as a duck...:

"Then?"

"She's made of wood..."

"And, therefore?"

"A WITCH!!!!"

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Governing body: We are the faithful and discreet slave, and you must listen to us as you would the voice of God!

Woman: Well, I didn't vote for you.

Governing Body: You don't vote for the faithful and discreet slave.

Woman: Well how'd you become it then?

[ Angelic music plays... ]

Governing body: The Master, Jesus Christ himself, his arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft the silver sword from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that we, the governing body, are indeed the faithful and discreet slave. THAT is why we are the masters of your faith!

Dennis: [ interrupting ] Listen, strange visions of Jesus lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of theocracy. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

• kaik
    kaik

In the 1980's there were private bible studies group by several individuals or families. It was considered as a preparation for book study or field service. Later that decade private studies were outlawed and people could -and were- DF for studying bible on their own. There is also a huge difference between bibblical knowledge 35 years ago and today. Many current JW can barely identify biblical stories and are suprised to find them when asked. Last summer I was visiting relatives. On the bus I read in a newspaper a interested article on Samaritan woman at the well and Jesus. One the most commonly known theme in Christianity. My relatives have WT publication scattered around the house and could recite me pretty much everything what was in them. When I brought up this topic of promiscous samaritan woman, my JW relatives who are in the "truth" for 40 years were not even aware of it. They were very suprised when I pointed out in their NWT. They were clueless. This ended any further discussion on getting returned inot the ark of Noah.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

There was a JW Elder saying he was happy all the people in Iraq were dying by the Sword "because that's the only way any of them would live through the Big A!" So to change things up I asked him how come God used people outside the Organization, prophets like Balaam (Non Isrealite) working on the payroll while women like Rehab survived the fall of Jerico because she saw something that made her change her life and God made sure he saved a woman who was not involved in the Organization looking at it through the GB's lenses!

It sadden's me how many JWs have shut off their thinking faculties and think they are the only ones God is going to Save. They don't use the Bible and are now getting the next Watchtower 3.00 Update which requires you to turn off all thinking abilities!

If you read the Bible closely it's a story how the chosen Organization continually disappointed God while pagans and non-Isrealites are saved because they show faith! Elijah cured Naman, kept the non-Isrealite woman full during the Famine so that her flour and oil jars would never run out! It seems once you get involved with any Organization faith goes out the window along with your predisposition to study as much as your physically able about God.

1 Kings 16-17

"7 After awhile, the stream dried up because there had been no rain in the land. 8 The LORD told him, 9 “Get up, go to Zarephath in Sidonian territory, and live there. I have already told a widow who lives there to provide for you.” 10 So he got up and went to Zarephath. When he went through the city gate, there was a widow gathering wood. He called out to her, “Please give me a cup of water, so I can take a drink.” 11 As she went to get it, he called out to her, “Please bring me a piece of bread.” 12 She said, “As certainly as the LORD your God lives, I have no food, except for a handful of flour in a jar and a little oil in a jug. Right now I am gathering a couple sticks for a fire. Then I’m going home to make one final meal for my son and myself. After we have eaten that, we will die of starvation.” 13 Elijah said to her, “Don’t be afraid. Go and do as you planned. But first make a small cake for me and bring it to me; then make something for yourself and your son. 14 For this is what the LORD God of Israel says, ‘The jar of flour will not be empty and the jug of oil will not run out until the day the LORD makes it rain on the surface of the ground.’” 15 She went and did as Elijah told her; there was always enough food for Elijah and for her and her family. 16 The jar of flour was never empty and the jug of oil never ran out, just as the LORD had promised through Elijah.

https://bible.org/seriespage/life-and-times-elijah-prophet-prophet-and-pagans-1-kings-1629-1724

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is one of the most damning of all Watchtower quotes. Fancy admitting that Christendom teaches what the Bible alone says, but to understand Jehovah's Witness doctrine you need additional literature from their leaders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit