Reading the Bible Alone "Will Lead you to Apostate Thinkings!" Stay a Watchtowerite!

by BucketShopBill 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yes BSB it was at a circuit assembly in mid-eighties I first heard we could not study just the Bible with people anymore. Shocked, so much so I phoned a friend in another circuit who confirmed they had the same talk. Loud alarm bells rang that day.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Hmmm... Let me see if I got this straight...

Jesus said that where two or three are gathered in his name, he would be there.

Reading the Bible in small groups inevitably leads one to certain beliefs about what the Bible teaches.

These beliefs conflict with what certain organizations now teach, but agree with what many scholars over the centuries also thought it meant.

What possible conclusion might we draw from this?

The Society says these people independently reaching similar conclusions must all be wrong and such gatherings centered on the Bible alone must be prohibited.

What is wrong with this picture?

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

How many of us are here that still believe in the Bible and God, after reading the thread where the author state's the GB are atheists I wonder how many of us are here that still are theists. In ISOCF I caught the remarks by Russell about "10 Years of Knowledge Study Books provide" vs "Falling in to Darkness by reading the Bible alone." remarks.

Xan, when we reflect how we got tricked, was it because we received the Bible in a tainted view?

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

My mother once told me to be careful when reading the bible, because the devil can use it to trick me.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

That anyone could hear/read that and not have a siren go off in their head is alarming!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit