Anyone else notice the new Terms of Use on jw.org?

by leaving_quietly 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

No, Baltar, I didn't miss the point. I thought the same thing. I also though that it would be a big turnoff to those they just invited through their 'greatest campaign ever'.

Of course, I'm familiar with ToUs and most of it is a CYA sort of thing. It's out there so they CAN have a legal leg to stand on if they want to. Most of the time, they won't.

Most sites have a ToU, but I find it odd to call attention to it like that. Just really strange.

• steve2
    steve2

I can see it's time to bring out the smelling salts again.

There's nothing remarkable about a website having terms of use, particularly around the issue of accessing downloadable items that are copyrighted. It falls under the umbrella of intellectual property rights that most countries have legislative policies and laws on. Those who make use of such terms and conditions are required BY LAW to clearly publicise them to minimize inadvertent breaches and as an act of goodwill ( i.e., not be subject to charge of entrapment as in not warning about copyright infringements then suing a party for doing so.)

Now, please take a few nice deep breaths.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

what about when they did it? im not on that site its depressing

is tha t the same as copying and pasting info if you want?

can you even copy and paste from that site?

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

Two reasons for the terms of use : 1) It's a CULT! 2) It's for people like me and you exposing the CULT!

Thank you sir82 for that post, just goes to show you not only does the JW CULT twist the scriptures, but the try and twist the law...

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

'By using this website you are agreeing to our updated terms regarding the legal use of copyrighted materials'

Getting a little testy are we!!!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The 'Apostate' nation must be making in-roads into 'Mother's' rear-end!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

JW GoneBad- for them to get a little "testy" they would need to have some testies.

Maybe they could ask the elderettes if they could borrow theirs.

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

hold up- they can tell what sites youve been too before going on jw.org and logging in? i was bouncing around apostate sites then logging in as an elder and downloading tons of letters to the BOE haha maybe thats why they deleted my access after a few days of that! wow

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Doh! Big Brother strikes again.

Resistance is futile.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Can they assign themselves the right to not allow us (statutory) fair use of the materials from the site that are written and disseminated in other places and formats?

What am I missing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit