Audrey Hyde (Nathan Knorr's widow) died yesterday

by Absalom 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Nathan.H.Knorr was born in 1905, in Bethlehem, ( no not that one), so was 16 or 17 years older than Audrey, ?? Cradle-snatcher ??

Well, not really, he married Audrey in 1953, she would have been 31, him, 48.

It amused me when I found out the "H" in his name stood for Homer.

• sir82
    sir82

They were married in the 1950's, so she was at least 30 at the time.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Again I ask.. why is this of any importance? Why the obsession with WT celebs?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Dis Member , maybe because the closet homosexual Knorr married a femail ?

• designs
    designs

Because Nathan Knorr famously told JWs in the 1940s to not marry and not have children because Armageddon was so close. I can't tell you how many older JW women I knew back in the 1970s who hated him, they had 'obeyed' Knorr and put off marriage and or having babies.

He was a colossal prick who had control over the JWs. Nathan and crazy Freddie made oral and anal sex a DFing policy. They told spouses who had a mate who was homosexual they could not divorce because a homosexual act was not the 'adultery' grounds mentioned in the Bible.

Knorr, again famously, ranted for 3 solid hours at a Special One Day convention in Los Angeles against the evils of masturbation and pot.

It all naturally made us wonder just how f#*ked up this guys marriage was.....

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

She married again after Nathan Homo died?

At least she found out what sex was like... Unlike Russells wife, or Mad Freddie.

• pontoon
    pontoon

It's not an obsession, just simply interest. I knew Audrey and Glen well, they were friends and very nice people. Hudson Valley NY

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Wow, I didn't realize she was alive all this time. Knorr died in 1977, I was a kid!

Isaac

• sparky1
    sparky1

You are right Hamsterbait..........................Audrey probably really started to live as a fulfilled 'woman' after she married Glen. Glen Hyde was a 'mans man' unlike Nathan Knorr who really seemed to have a 'weak, mamas boy' type personality underneath his businesslike exterior.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Glen Hyde was a 'mans man'

What does that even mean?? (I know what it means but it almost sounds worse than being a Mamma's boy LOL !)

I knew Knorr in the last year of his life. He did seem pretty bland and no nonsense...very stuffed shirt like and his wife was just sort of...there....not much to say, but who wouldn't be that way after living most of ones life in a religious institution and having everyones eyes on you at all times looking for any hint of a flaw ? Can't imagine it....very sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit