Any recent wack-a-doodle elder comments in your congo lately?

by sir82 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

OneEyedJoe - Is this guy still a faithful servant of Jah?

Sounds like a guy from a friends cong decades ago that used to be a hippie, his first talk, first line out of his mouth was "Dig this cat Jehovah"

• naazira
    naazira

They will provide him with a script next time.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

One platform topic that seemed a little "off" to me was when the speaker asked if anyone had noticed the unusual increase of birds. The audience pondered for a moment. Then, with facial expressions of enlightenment nodded in curious agreement.

"Has anyone read what Jehovah's plan is for the birds?" he asked. He continued with 2-3 scriptural passages about Armageddon's flesh eating birds. I looked around to see some nodding in agreement and smiling as the speaker spoke of only the JWs being saved.

I've visited a LOT of churches and synogogues, but this was definitely the darkest service I'd EVER attended.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Not sure of he's still around...I was visiting a different congregation and haven't been back. He definitely didn't seem to be "all there" so to speak, so I bet he'd fit right in to most any BOE

• Gregor
    Gregor

I recall a resolution that was supposed to be the fullfillment of the Jericho saga. It was a declaration printed on a cheap newsprint folded to make four pages. This piece of shit had been given the full treatment of JW promotion prior to the DC . Ho hum, so we spent the next month stuffing the damn things into door cracks or under mud mats. This in the early seventies.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Great thread.

At my cousin's wedding the elder said that she should consider herself to be like a chair, there to support her husband.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Gregor, I think you're talking about the tract campaign that started in the fall of 1973. The tract was released right after a drama about Jericho at the summer Internaional Conventions. Rumor had that there would be seven such tracts with the last one in the fall of '75. I remember it well, because that was my first convention, I was baptised that fall. Everybody went crazy speculating about that!

Wife and I started our exit 15 years later after sitting through a talk about how our children shouldn't waste there time on education since the end was coming so soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit