If Jehovah God Really Loved Humans & This Earth How Might He Show It?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• rjharris
    rjharris

I believe the entire world - and all of its religious systems, to include the WTBTS - are in a very dark dark place.

The question asked, "If Jehovah God Really Loved Humans & This Earth How Might He Show It?" is a very good one. This is one of those questions that (1) Will make so-called believers uncomfortable because they teach a loving and benevolent God and how does one reconcile the two or (2) make so-called believers angry because they will feel picked on.

As an African American and an ex-JW of more than 30 years (disassociated) I see injustices within the human family that makes it difficult to paint a picture of a loving and benevolent God.

I grew up in an era within the United States when Black men were lynched and hung by the neck and crowds of White people (many of them church-goers) applauded and wanted to be in the photograph. I now live and work in Africa and I witness every day the mistreatment of African people by Whites because of the color of their skin. I have witnessed a man thrown unjustly in prison for 26 years of his life because he questioned and challenged apartheid. I see in the news more than often Black boys and men gunned down by the White power structure of police departments. I read the stories of the African Slave Trade (which was endorsed by a Roman Catholic Pope), the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition. I read about the million or so Africans who died in Rwanda as the world looked away. Here in West Africa (were I live) I see White doctors given treatment for the Ebola virus while thousands of Africans get absolutely nothing. I remember when Kingdom Halls in the south were segregated.

How does one reconcile a loving God to persons who are and who have been victims of such mistreatment? How can one place literature to people of color replete with portrayals of God, Jesus, Adam, Eve, Angels, The Prophets, The Apostles and others as White people without giving thought that it makes God and Christ appear partial to White people?

How does one reconcile the leadership of any religious organization that claims to accept all persons when its leadership at the top are either all White persons or predominately White persons?

The Governing Body of JW has been traditionally an all White mans club. (Sam Herd a relatively recent addition).

When one looks at the stations of live among Whites in the world and people of color, how does one reconcile a loving and color-blind God when it comes across to people of color that "Unless you are White, the Christian God will not be with you."

It is very rare to hear of large groups of Whites undergoing famine and diseased conditions in the world. What? Is God blessing White people and punishing people of color? How does one explain this?

They cannot.

Anyone who opens their mouths and attempts to explain it away with many words or "wait on God" are being selfish and show that they really do not have an answer. They do not know. It makes the ones waving the banner of The Bible and a loving benevolent God uncomfortable and they want to give a "Biblical" or "Watch Tower" answers which are "brush offs." They do not know.

That they do not really know shows they have no true understanding of the true Creator of the heavens and the earth. So what do they do? They create religious organizations and attempt to contain God within them. By doing this, men think to enslave even God. But what they are really doing is creating systems that allow "them" to explain things they do not understand away.

There is no doubt in my mind that there is a Creator and that he has a vast heavenly host. I am 100 convinced that God, Christ and those within that heavenly family look nothing like what is portrayed in art, film and literature.

The suffering that is occurring worldwide is being caused by humans. The Devil has nothing to do with it. Mankind (free-willed creatures) have enough evil within us, the devil does not have to do anything.

When Cain killed his brother Abel, he did not blame the devil for it. When Eve gave Adam some of the fruit from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Bad, Adam did not blame the Serpent, he blamed another human being - his wife. (Gensis 3:12)

It really boils down to two groups of persons in the world: Cain-like ones and Abel-like ones. The world is over-flowing with Cain-like ones. They seek to dominate, take what belongs to someone else, take an aggressive posture, murder, and disrespect differences in their Brothers.

(Abel and Cain were Brothers, but different. Abel was a herder of sheep and Cain a cultivator of the ground.)

It is the differences in persons that is at the root of the hatred we see today. For example, I am hated by certain groups of people only because of the color of my skin. It is irrelevant to those haters if I am a decent and good person.

I find it extremely hypocritical for any religious organization to portray the persons I mentioned above as White persons in their literature and seek to place it in the hands of people of color and at the same time teach that God loves them. If God is impartial - as the WT teaches - prove it. Remove such portrayals and give treatment to God and Christ and Angels as non-flesh and blood entities. Don't use that "these are just images" excuse as those protrayals are much much more than just images. They sent the signal that God and all of his interests is White. Remove the false portrayals of Jesus as being a White man. Adam and Eve being White persons and so forth.

Suffering in the world cannot be blamed on the Creator. He created us to be a Brotherhood and we screwed it up. The suffering meted out to other members of the human family is of our own origin. It is cowardly to blame it on God or the even the devil.

My parents had nine children. Yes, we fought like cats and dogs sometimes. We did not have to, but we did. But I do not blame the persons responsible for our births for it. Each of us are responsible for our own actions.

Cain was the older the more powerful Brother. He used his power in an attempt to control his younger Brother Abel and he killed him.

Sadly, those within power (like a big brother) have imposed their will upon the weaker and powerless ones. This is where murder and suffering comes from.

It is not that God does not love us, it is that we do not love each other.

R. Jerome Harris
    e-Prophetic.com

• hellenback
    hellenback

Hi Jerome, was it not that loving God in a fit of jealousy that changed the lanquages at Babel. This would have caused division & were not Hams descendants the Canaanites Black coming under the curse of Ham by Noah.

Remember that the Atlantic Slave Trade was carried out by Jewish & Black african traders.

http://davidduke.com/jewish-role-african-slave-trade-highlighted-new-dutch-jewish-book/

https://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Atlantic_slave_trade.html

Yes there are as you say the disgusting Murder of Black folks by the the Police. This should be something that Obama should be trying to control but giving Police forces Military hardware will not stop this.

Lets not forget also that Black on Black crime see below the USA's most dangerous cities.

http://www.amren.com/news/2012/11/the-25-most-dangerous-cities-in-america/

http://stuffblackpeopledontlike.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-racial-demographics-of.html

Racism of white folk cannot be blamed for this can they.

I detest Racism ,Homophobia or any sort of descrimination. I have lived in Turkey for 1 year & Lived in London all my life in the main in areas with a large concentration of Black Brits. I shared a home with A jamiacan lad whom I consider a close freind & shared a home with a somali family but once again Crime amongst Black folk although making up just 7% of the London population Carry out most of the violent crime & against other Black people too.

I also suffered racism by Black people while working on a Market stall that sold Afro Caribbean & African foods so I know just how horrible it is.

http://www.londonspovertyprofile.org.uk/indicators/topics/londons-geography-population/londons-population-by-ethnicity/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7856787/Violent-inner-city-crime-the-figures-and-a-question-of-race.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1290047/Metropolitan-Police-crime-statistics-reveal-violent-criminals-black--victims.html

• kassad84
    kassad84

God had Jesus killed so that god didn't have to kill us.

I think God did not kill Jesus, men did. He just allowed it. And Jesus came and accepted that cup, and drank it to the dregs, to do the will of his Father, and to suffer and die WITH us, as one of us, so we will know what to do. He is our Brother. Emmanuel. God with us.

So we in turn, if we in anyway are touched by this act, ought to follow Him and his Father as best we can, even through suffering and death and innumerable evils from within and without, do works of righteousness

" To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps." - 1 Peter 2:21

There are lesson to be learned in this life...and there IS more for us beyond death.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Provide a sociological map, which if followed, would begin to elevate the human race from a primitive Type-0 civilisation.

Grant us free will and autonomy, allowing us to choose to heed or ignore the map, as we observe and contemplate the consequences, of each option.

• prologos
    prologos

Endofmy steries, I agree with your satatement: " -- THIS COARSE of ACTION HE HAS TAKEN--" (1st paragraph; second last line post 2856)

No finesse in that sort of action at all.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If Jehovah God Really Loved Humans & This Earth How Might He Show It?

Well, it's too late now, the damage is done!

However................

1. Jehovah doesn't exist but id he did....

2. He'd stop holding a loaded gun to our head and stop telling us that if we chose not to worship him that he'll pull the trigger. And he'd stop turning it around and claiming it's our own fault.

3. In the first place he'd have found a better way than killing his son/part of himself and letting humans suffer because he messed up in the first place.

4. He'd stop changing the rules as he goes along. Reading the Bible shows what a downright twat god is as he kept changing the goal posts all along. One minute you can kill innocent men, women and babies the next thou shall not kill! God is a total turd not worthy of the snot out of a dead pigs nose.

• minimus
    minimus

If parents simply allowed their children to self destruct and just didn't get actively involved, it would be shameful! Loving parents reach out to their children, even if they are older, when they going down the wrong path. They don't turn a blind eye. It would be nice to see Jehovah reach out and help his children. It would be nice to see him just stop all the madness. But obviously, he doesn't care to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit