Do you like the people in the Bible?

by Dis-Member 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I WOULD LOVE to meet Satan.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

I would like to meet Jehu to show him pictures/videos - driving 280 kmh (174 mph) on german autobahn

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Lot

Ask him on what planet, and under what circumstances he possibly thought it was ok to offer his daughters up to be pack raped!

And why did he consider incest tobe ok?

Sicko!

• tornapart
    tornapart

It would be Jonah for me too. God tells him to go and do something, preach to that days equivalent of ISIS and tell them to repent. Jonah ups and leaves as fast as he can possibly go in the opposite direction. If God thinks he's going to walk into some city just so he can get his head chopped off, he's got another think coming. (Or maybe he envisages himself being skinned alive). Whatever, he's not doing it. So God teaches him a lesson. He's still not done. He sees God forgiving these terrorists and isn't at all happy about it. He sits in the desert feeling totally miserable after all he's been through. What a waste of time!! He's been scared s***less, thrown off a ship into the sea in a storm, swallowed by a big fish for 3 days, then decided it's best to face these terrorists after all only to have God tell him he's been through all that for nothing (as far as he's concerned).

I kind of feel sorry for him..

• 88JM
    88JM

I'd like to meet that guy who got killed for picking up wood on the wrong day and ask him if he thinks his God is merciful, loving and just.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

i honestly havent thought about this in ages since it has absolutely no bearing on how I live my life nor do I really think it will ever happen (I won't know till I die anyway) but...there are few people in the bible I would actually care to meet. Jael, Jonah, Mary Magdalene, Abigail are the few I can think of on the spur of the moment. Abraham just pisses me off for even CONSIDERING killing his son and luring him up on a mountain under false pretenses. The people of today would crucify anyone who did that...

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

i have to admit that I have a fascination with Jael who offers sisera milk and cookies and as he sleeps she hammers a tent pin through his head

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would like to personally meet Satan and His Demons. Nimrod sounds like a good worker.

Most of the characters are rubbish. Tyrant David deserves to be tortured. And not for his "mistakes", either. That scumbag slaughtered tens of thousands of innocent Gentiles for no reason other than they did not worship joke-hova. Jacob was nothing more than a swindler. Joseph sounds more like the Rothschild scumbags that slithered into our governments and corrupted them from within. Joshua led the usurpation of land occupied by Gentiles, to be slaughtered because they did not worship joke-hova (as is still going on in israel to this day--no capital i because I do not respect that disgrace of a nation).

Even the new testament has its share of scumbags and ripoffs. Mary, for instance, was nothing--I would like, however, to be on good terms with the character she was ripped off from (Astaroth). Jesus was fake. Paul was nothing more than a scumbag that pushed sexual repression and was a male chauvinist pig. As for the fictitious apostles, they were probably all obsessed with that fake nazarene known as jesus. You can, however, meet what they were ripped off from--the sun and the twelve signs of the Zodiac.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I like Jesus most of all. Thomas would be next. Judas would make a great conversation.

• Terry
    Terry

When I read about what sort of fellow David was, and then read he was "A man after Jehovah's own heart"I have

to consider two possibilities.

The Bible is full of myth-making at the expense of truth.

God has a terrible set of values and weird tastes.

The fellow I like least is the blow-hard, Paul.

I like Jesus, but I never have been able to believe deep down inside my heart the descriptions of his life are actual historicity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit