THIS IS WHAT WITNESSING HAS BEEN REDUCED TO IN 2015

by steve2 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Neverendingjourney!! Great comment and observation!!!!

In fact, BECAUSE of his work, he even LOST family members (well in-laws anyway)

• richgirl
    richgirl
    Perhaps they should sing the new "The Life of a Pioneer" song (find it on youtube). It is really geared towards those manning the literature carts. It seems this is the main occupation of pioneers these days. Have you heard it or read the lyrics?
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Cell phone providers set up tents. Even though they have a free product that people want, they have learned that the prominent word needs to be "FREE."

I tell you what, though. I am glad it wasn't so easy when I left. I doubt it, but I might have stayed.

• talesin
    talesin

Aaackkkk! Truthseeker, that is an earworm ....... noooooooo!

:P

• steve2
    steve2

The dude basically does what he would do anyway as part of his business, but attaches a JW cart and he's suddenly a pioneer. People can pull hours out of thin air nowadays.

Is that an example of mixing business with pleasure - or in the case of the JWs business with torture?

Another poster above reported pioneers placing 1,000s of pieces of literature. I don't believe it! How many people notice and even stop to grab something, free or not?

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    Steve2 - Around these parts, it's not that many. Sure, you do get a lot of interest the first time people see you, especially in small towns, just because they haven't seen this kind of weird thing before, so it's something new. I live in a small town, with about 2500 people. The first time they set up their JW stand a few years ago, they gave about 60 books to "interested people" in a manner of hours. Once the novelty wore off, in days/weeks, people wouldn't even give them a second look. Now they're lucky if they can give away 10 pieces of literature in a month. Everyone ignores them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit