" Special " one day convention! What's the breakdown??

by DATA-DOG 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I was just curious if anyone has had their "special" convention. Is it uber-watchtarded or just the normal propaganda, followed by the solicitation of funds??

DD

• pronomono
    pronomono
    I've had mine. I went with my wife because she wanted to go (I think mainly for friends and family). Nothing stood out to me, but I was able to tune most of it out. Nothing fancy. No audio recordings. No video. Seemed just like an assembly from the old days, except only two people got baptized, down from our usual dozen or so. Content-wise, I wasn't mentally there so I can't help. I just kind of drifted on through. I do remember laughing my ass off at one demonstration where this young worldly girl (12 or so) asks out our JW brother and he goes into this uber-mature JW answer about how he doesn't date until he's ready for marriage. A little 12 year old speaking a canned script that sounded like something that would come out of a old person's mouth. Best laugh I'd had all day because of how ridiculous it was.
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Had ours a few months back. Normal stuff. Except for the accounting report. $17,000 for ONE DAY!!!!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

First time ever - glad to say I can't help!!

I haven't a clue when our assigned assemblies are, what they're about, when the C.O. is visiting, or any other "important" congregation events - and it's wonderful!!!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Lq......what possible reason could they give for an assembly costing $17,000 for one day?? I remember a few thousand for a weekend at the jw owned facility.
  • hardtobeme
    hardtobeme
    $19,000 For a day. Assembly Hall proudly owned by Watchtower...
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    That's some pretty dang expensive toilet paper they must be using.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

$17,000..............$19,000.............when will they wake up to the $CAM?

Image result for head up their ass

Doc

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

" Special " one day convention! What's the breakdown??

...........JEHOVAH`S WITNESSES...........................WATCHTOWER..

..........Image result for Screwed............Image result for greed

• never a jw
    never a jw
    17,000, 19,000? what's the per publisher amount? My wife is having hers this Saturday. I will be checking the per publisher amount.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit