Letter of Reinstatement

by kayanow 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Kaya: I'm going back because for family reasons mostly.

Kaya: I'm less judgemental and I want to live a life that I can be proud of.

That's fantastic. I'm glad you're creating your own, authentic life. That being said, you need to face the fact that "going back for family reasons," while understandable is duplicitious.

Also, from a purely practical standpoint you need to know this: it almost never works out as you think it will.

While there is a small chance that your family will begin to associate with you once you are reinstated, it can and will only last if they also no longer believe in the authority of the WTBTS but stay in out of fear. If however, they are still mentally in, you will never be able to have a real, deep and meaningful relationship with them.

I know, I learned the hard way.

Be glad you are living your own life. Be an example to your family. Show them the way.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

you say being out you have become less judgemental and changed in lots of ways and grown as an individual......and that you want to go back because most of your family are in....so you're a better person out..but you want to go back to have family contact etc..one thing to note...although you say you will go back on your terms ..don't kid yourself!......be true to yourself whatever you decide to do...don't live a lie ...I wish you the best...sincerely.

• Calebs Airplane
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

You have not said too much about your background, but if you are young and single, what about your future? The concern I have is that you will be locking in another generation to a high control religion. If you get married to a JW and have children, they will need to be raised in a doomsday cult that is fast becoming irrelevant. 2/3 JW children leave, and few of those say positive things about being raised in this isolationist religion.

If you marry a JW, and you already have some knowledge about the religion not being The Truth, there will mostly likely come a time when you will want to leave. That puts tremendous strain on a relationship. If you have children, it is often a turning point where it will suddenly hit you that you do not want your children to be raised that way, which can destroy a family if the partner does not feel the same way.

The younger you start building a normal life for yourself that does not revolve around a high control religion, the easier the rest of your life will be.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Be sure to date the letter. (they will loose track of you frequently). Spell out what you have done to repent (stopped xyz, study, pray, read, attend meetings, apologized to Jehovah, Jesus, victims, attended meetings at various halls, bla bla etc.) grovel, cry.

Enjoy life for 5 months. Submit letter in 6 mos, and every 3 months thereafter.

Use the time to find out more about "the Truth". Read JWFACTS website. DECIDE if you like groveling to mortal men.

ex elder

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I would just say, I feel I am ready to be reinstated! I am deeply sadden over my former course, and how badly my actions hurt Jehovah!

The less said in this letter, the better in my book. They will ask all about what happened when they meet with you. They also have to related everything back to the dfing congregation, for they make the final decision!

Dwain

• Giordano
    Giordano

Sorry Dwain, and I don't mean to pick on you, in my day when I served where the need was great Nobody Ever said something made Jehovah sad.

When did Jehovah ever look down and watched two unmarried people having sex and it made him/her sad? When did slapping your monkey every night made Yah sad?

How did the JW's ever get so important that a God noticed every thing they did every minute and just shake his head over some word or action and become sad?

I've noticed this for a while and it just seems so unbelievable. Do todays JW's actually believe they can make that vengeful,jealous murdering god of the OT sad???

If they actually believe that they are morons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit