Letter of Reinstatement

by kayanow 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. (James 5)

The above words contradict what the many elders do in a judicial committee. Many witnesses confess their sins, and get what? more than one year of ostracism.

• stillin
    stillin

Well, I can hardly judge you for that. It's why I'm still in!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome kayanow!

Some here may understand your reasons for wanting or having to go back.

Personally I would discourage you unless you are going back for the sake of family and friends.

Just hang in there, and some good advice could soon come along.

Hopefully you are in the process of getting more informed about TATT, although of course I believe it is much safer to first learn as much as you can about the "unabridged gospel" of grace (starting with the books of Romans and Galatians).

In the mean time are you able to fill us in with more details?

This might help improve the quality of advice.

Some here were elders for several decades, and know the ropes well.

Greetings

Fernando

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There is a sample letter at http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/207544/1/My-cousin-got-reinstated-guess-who-wrote-the-letter-take-that-Jehovah#.VAMu57ySzZc

Once you are reinstated, will you continue to attend meetings or fade out? I understand that it is hard to lose family, but if you know it is not the truth, then you will regret later in life devoting time to the religion and not building a life based on reality.

• kayanow
    kayanow

I will continue to attend meetings. Being out for the past year, I've changed in a lot of ways. I'm less judgemental and I want to live a life that I can be proud of. I began a new career, made friends outside of the congregation, and grew as an individual. When I left, my identity was tied to the organization. Now, I'm going back on my terms and don't feel guilty about such things as having "worldly" friends or pursuing talents that God has given to me. T. he feeling of community and being around generally good people is the reason I'm going back. My family is in, and objectively speaking, most people attend religious services for the feeling of community. I have made and will continue to make a conscious effort to avoid gung-ho people in the congregation. I have always been drawn to more progressive, open, and accepting Witnesses.

Thank you, jwfacts and Fernando for your input.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If re instatement and the J W life is your aim, then sobeit. Many here would make a different decision, but your life is your own and I wish you the best in whatever you do.

In my experience, a few years ago now, the procedure went along these lines.

After attending the meetings a while the person sought a meeting with the Presiding Overseer, now called the Co ordinator, and explained the reasons and the situation. He would arrange a reinstatement committee. They meet with you and hear your case. They would liase with the Cong. that d/f'd you to get their take on it.

At the meeting they are interested in one thing only - repentance. Has the person changed their life and turned around? What steps have they taken to demonstrate this? Are they truly sorry for what they did and determined to avoid it in the future?

If they want a letter, I would keep it brief, just stating that you are now repentant and truly desire to "serve Jehovah again"

Good wishes but please read all you can on the net to confirm that you really want to rejoin that organization.

• naazira
    naazira

Good for you and welcome to the board. Dont forget to keep making friends out of the congregation. As for your letter, just say how cold the world is and that you don't want to die without being in Jehovah's ark. Also David did many bad things but Jehovah forgave him after repentance. Say you realise that it only takes a second to damage your relationship with Jehovah. You are now ready to be a solid rock like peter.

Have fun while writing it :-) Also, do a lot of independent study.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Kaya, best wishes for you on your journey.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Kayanow..............Sorry for the rough reception from some who are prone to shoot from the lip. We have every type of ex and current JW on this forum. From Elders and MS pioneers ex Bethelites etc. In general most no longer feel that the WTBTS and JW's have the truth.

We have a number of 'in' JW's on this site who are reluctant to come out because of family. Some are out but want to reinstate also because of family.

Get back in and then you will determine if a fade is the best course for you or simply keep your connection on the down low.

I appreciate your strenght to repost after a rocky start. You are articulate and sound very intelligent. I look forward to following your journey.

Gio

• Honesty
    Honesty

Good luck on your journey.

Do you believe that Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true religious group on earth and that they alone have God's approval?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit