My Story: from JW Elder to Born Again Christian to Agnostic

by passwordprotected 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

Thank you so much for sharing your journey. You have made my Sunday morning happy. I can relate to a lot of it.

Congratulations on your new relationship as well. We should share a pint in Auld Reekie some time

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Eden

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

{But I accept this fact as just the way it is. I have the power to change it, if I so choose.}

Words of wisdom.

Great experience. Thanx for sharing.

It's eerie how we can perceive a clear pattern among born-in's.

I'm following quite the same life pattern of yours:

* Born-in

* Ex-JW

* Mainstream evangelical christian

* Lost of faith in a god

* Sympathy of eastern religion/tradition/philosophy (buddhism, yoga, etc)

* Entrepreneurship

* Divorce

* Peace found in uncertainty

I would recommend to you to learn a lot about the theory of evolution and its several applications (in economics, computation, astronomy, psychology, etc..).

• designs
    designs

Honest

• humbled
    humbled

Pwp,

Thanks for telling your story. I recognized much of the outline of my own journey in your writing. It is not a dark world without religion. Not at all.

Maeve

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Password you and I have both gone through similar experiences at roughly the same times. After reading Ray Franz I too continued to believe in the Bible but as you say an open mind tends to stay open. I went on to read Dawkins, Harris, Hitchens, and books about evolution. If you would like more friends in your life feel free to reach out to me and message me privately. Thank you for sharing your journey.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Thanks

• galaxie
    galaxie

Great post..loved it !

Best wishes to you

• DJS
    DJS

Password,

Your experience is deeply touching. Thank you for sharing it, and good luck to you on your journey.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

PP, thanks for telling your story.

The disillusionment and eventual acceptance of not knowing, and embracing it, are 2 things I share from your journey.

I enjoy Joseph Cambell's work very much, helps make sense of religion as a modern day iteration of myth, and why it still exists.

P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit