NEWS UPDATE: Stats from Bethel

by Da.Furious 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

I received some statistics from a friend in bethel in Brooklyn.

Here are the numbers:

• JW.org:
      • 840 million visits
      • 1 Billion publication files downloaded
      • 150 million videos watched/downloaded
      • Website available now in 540 Languages
      • Publication available in 700 language for download
      • Over 100,000 online bible study requests available
      • New Caleb/Sofia video will be available from 1 September (Topic: Caleb & Sofia's Visit to Bethel)

• USA
      • 2014 No. Pioneers: 167,000 vs 2010 No of Pioneers: 132,000 - increase of 6.1%p.a. (26.5% increase over the period)
      • No. of bethelites in USA: 6,019

Da Furious

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think the Stats for JW.org are from its first going live in 2012 ?? If so, not impressive at all.

The rise in the no. of Piosneers is not surprising, there is constant pressure to take up the drudgery, and the reduction in hours has made it easier to do so.

But for the deluded R&F JW's these figures are all proof of Jehovah's blessing.

• Splash
    Splash

One of the available languages is Quechua Wanka.
    I daren't watch the videos.

There's even one especially for our cofty - Scottish Gaelic.

Interestingly Bribri has about 11,000 native speakers. This is the equivalent of a small town.

The Bribri are matriarchal, shamanistic and worship pagan gods. I don't know if they have internet connections.

Splash

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

They want to recruit the Bribri because maybe they have money.

Seriously though, 850 million visits in 2 years- how does that compare to good websites in a comparable period? Also, downloads is no biggie. One jw can make several downloads per week.

• defender of truth
  • sir82
    sir82

1 Billion publication files downloaded

Let's assume that half of JWs download the magazines. 36 magaines per year X 4 million = 144 million per year of those downloads are JWs downloding their own magazines.

Throw in downloads of books, tracts, videos, KMs, etc. by JWs, and the vast majority of the "1 billion downloads" are JWs getting their own information.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Hundreds of languages, eh? I won't be impressed until they support Klingon.

One of the available languages is Quechua Wanka.

This was the number one fear of most teenage boys... that your mother would Quechua Wanka.

• krejames
    krejames

Apognophos - that did actually make me laugh out loud :)

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

I though they already did Quencha Wanka with that ASL video

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Don't forget the number of partakes keeps on increasing as a sign of the last days! LOL

just saying

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit