Is The Governing Body Afraid To Slam Muslims???

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I think some of our members in Detroit, New Jersey and the UK need to fill out Bible Study request forms on JWN for some of their fundy Islamic neighbors.

Actually some of our members here would have some fun filling out those requests........

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

The Gibbering Buddies have been put on notice... Speaking against Muslims or Freemasons is off limits...

• smiddy
    smiddy

Too bloody right they are .

Wasn`t their an incident a few years ago in Indonessia when a group of jehovahs Witnesses were beheaded ? by Muslims ?

For most of the history of Jehovahs Witnesses , some 130 years , they have been at loggerheads with the Roman Catholic religion and portraying them as a false religion , time and time again .

How many times in that 130 years have they ever portrayed Islam / Muslims as a false religion , worthy of destruction in the battle of Armageddon they so fervently hope and pray for.

I was a witness for 33 years , 1960-93 , I dont recall them ever challenging the Muslim faith. Correct me if I am wrong. However challenging the Catholic faith you could find numerous examples.

smiddy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You are right Smiddy, I cannot recall ONE WORD if criticism of Islam in the nearly 60 years I was in. They have at least made some "thought provoking" comment on most other religions.

This even struck me as strange when I was in, long before 9/11 etc etc, but your explanation about the event in Indonesia explains a lot.

• Splash
    Splash

I can find only one recent mention of Islam in a bad light - from about 20 years ago.
    It associates Muslims with Babylon the Great and says it will be judged by God.

*** w96 4/15 p. 11 pars. 2-3 Why Worldly Religion Will End *** (edited)

However, someone might ask, ‘How can you say that Babylon has fallen, when religion seems to be flourishing in so many lands?’ Catholicism and Islam claim over one billion believers each. Yet, to what degree does all this religion exert a positive influence on the conduct of these billions? Has it brought real peace to Jews and Muslims in the Middle East? Has it led to harmony between Hindus and Muslims in India? And, more recently, has it prevented Serbian Orthodox, Croatian Catholics, and Bosnian Muslims from pursuing “ethnic cleansing,” plundering, raping, and slaughtering one another?

3 From God’s viewpoint, the religious support by the masses does not alter one inescapable fact—all religion is on judgment before God. Babylon the Great, as evidenced by her history, deserves to be judged adversely because “her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind.”

Splash

• Splash
    Splash

(double post)

• Mikado
    Mikado

Smiddy, I think you are referring to what happened in the Philippines by members of al Qaida.

• smiddy
    smiddy

You are right mikado , it was the phillipines where it occured , my apologies to the indonesians .

Maybe the witnesses were naive in thinking they could preach their religion in a muslim stronghold without dire consequences . (sad as it was )

Then again didn`t jesus say his message was to be preached in all the inhabited earth ? which would include muslim countrys ?

As the saying goes "hell will freeze over" before they will ever be permitted to go D2D preaching their brand of religion .

Their holy book the Koran does sanction " smiting the necks of the unbeleivers"

So to answer the OP yes and rightly so , however didnt jesus/jehovah foresee the rise of Islam ? and its barbarity ? and where is the protection that the scriptures assure beleivers for doing his will ?

Examples abound in scripture where Jehovah`s protection is upon those doing his will , though we dont see that in the real world do we.

smiddy

• minimus
    minimus

How did the Society handle the news of these JW be headings? I don't recall much being said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit