Question: Is JW religion the most attacked one?

by Da.Furious 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Are they the most persecuted religion. Hell I would hope so.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Even though I'm a JW, I would say no. The most attacked ones are the ones that are getting slaughtered, like the orthodox christians in the Middle East.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

@punkofnice apologies if my reply sounded not satirical. I was making fun of the JW published stats without source.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

I have checked the 2014 YB and compared the list of countries with a US goverment coutries list. The and result is below:

***39 Countries are not on their list, but the yearbook states 30 other countries and terretories, i will identify the ones i am 100% sure they have JW in them (i.e active congregations).

I was able to count 19 - 11 still not identified.

Country JWs
    Afghanistan
    Algeria Yes
    Bahrain Yes
    Bhutan
    Brunei
    Burma
    China Yes
    Comoros This may have been split to several islands, like they have done with others to inflate the numbers.
    Djibouti
    Egypt Yes
    Eritrea Yes
    Holy See
    Iran Yes
    Iraq Yes
    Jordan Yes
    Korea, North
    Kuwait Yes
    Laos
    Libya Yes (not sure now)
    Maldives
    Mauritania
    Micronesia
    Monaco
    Morocco Yes
    Netherlands Antilles
    Oman Yes
    Palestinian Territories Yes
    Qatar Yes
    Saudi Arabia Yes
    Singapore Yes
    Somalia
    Syria Yes (very reduced activity now)
    Tajikistan
    Tunisia Yes
    Turkmenistan
    United Arab Emirates Yes
    Uzbekistan
    Vietnam
    Yemen
  • ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

I think Judaism and Islam are both attacked a ton, especially Islam. Just go to any story about terrorists online, and look at the vitriol directed toward Muslims in the comments. Muslims make up about a quarter of the world's population, and they're all generalized as a bunch of Nutter Butters because of the actions of a few. Then there is the general murder and persecution of religious minorities in countries where the extremist Muslims are in charge. JWs are either completely oblivious to this stuff or maybe they find jokes about Jehovah's Witnesses more horrific. A few people annoyed with your being at their door is apparently the same as being murdered for some whackadoos.

The only negativity JWs get in general is broken down into two types: 1) The people who wish JWs would stop bothering them in their homes. 2) People who have a legit reason to hate the religion, either because their own lives or the life of a loved one was ruined by the Watchtower. The vast majority of the population literally knows nothing about them, and millions like me have never even had one at their doorstep.

It's just delusion! Maybe they're being tormented by "demons," and that's why they're so confused.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

JWs were heavily persecuted. My family members went to jail for knocking on doors in New Jersey. Drastic treatment for a religious group protected by the language of the First Amendment. The main reason my father was called to go to Bethel was his brawn. He was given a rifle. My mom was in the audience when the right wing Roman Catholic priest was allowed access to Madison Square Garden during a convention. The extremists threw ammonia bombs directly at women and children. Where was the NYPD? My father fought them off with a cane. I believe they used canes b/c of a NY concealed weapon law. Any textbook dealing with civil rights mentions the Supreme Court cases brought by Covington and the ACLU. Once upon a time, I was so impressed by the Supreme Court wins. A prof said I should be shocked that they had to create a body of case law.

The rights were enforced in time. They are a deep pockets now. I am not aware of any civil rights issues being litigated now.

• Terry
    Terry

Please take a minute to ask yourself why you've swallowed the premise.

Do you really think the amount of opposition a religion experiences indicates the level of truth or purity it espouses?

Most of the wars of history have been motivated by religious beliefs. Millions have died. Does that make the dead victims

TRUE WORSHIPPERS?

Being a corpse would logically be the ideal status for a worshipper, IF that were true.

Now stop and ask yourself why those Arabs who flew airplanes into the World Trade Center believed

their act would guarantee virgins in paradise for them? Isn't it because DEATH as a MARTYR is offered as the ultimate gift to God?

You see--the premise you are chasing down is a really sick, troubling, fiendish piece of sociopathic propaganda.

DON'T BUY INTO IT.

J.F. Rutherford sent many a Bible Student and JW into harm's way ON PURPOSE to produce plenty of Martyrs

so as to deliberately enhance the profile of his new Name Brand religion.

Recall, if you will, the AWAKE! cover with the portraits of DEAD WITNESS CHILDREN who had refused blood transfusions.

Please tell me that makes you sick to your stomach and that you won't be seduced to agree with the bastards at the GB,

this nastiness actually MEANS anything other than tragedy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit