Question: Is JW religion the most attacked one?

by Da.Furious 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

@Ancientofdays: The countries you have listed with no JWs is not accurate.

I can assure you majority of them have missionaries assigned to them. These countries fall under undisclosed location or other countries. In these countries JWs are under ban and restricted activity. Locals get into prison for preaching and any proselytising activity. Missionaries, usually assigned from a country that is an allied country with the government get deported.

I personally know 4 missionary couples who were assigned in Egypt and several brothers there.

All Gulf countries have at least 1 congregation in them - no ministry just meeting, although they are allowed to engage in informal witnessing to friends.

To be honest with you, i lived in a country under ban which is not on your list, and it was really nice. No ministry, 1 evening for meetings in a week, and never heard one JW say we are under persecution. Also other Churches had similar situation.

NB: at twickenham international convention i heard they had deligates from gulf countries. Cant confirm since i did not meet any.

• Londo111
    Londo111

All cults believe they are being persecuted. A cult needs persecution to thrive. If none exist, they must create it.

If a JW “exposes” beliefs and practices another religion, it is love. If someone does the same to them, the Persecution card is played.

In reality, the normal person on the street thinks JWs are “nice people” and only see the clean pristine image. It is only other religious fanatics that might give them a hard time at the door.

• Ancientofdays
    Ancientofdays

@Ancientofdays: The countries you have listed with no JWs is not accurate.

Da.Furius , I based my list on Annual Report. I's the only available source, as far as I know.
    Can you list the countries-no-JWs where you know JWs are under ban ?

By the way , some small mistake in the list due to countries named in italian declination, while the Annual Report was english, is possible.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Normal people don't care about the Witnesses. We focus on it solely b/c of our experience. There are far worse religions around in this world. Atheists and agnostics can be just as lacking in common sense and morality than any religion. ISIS definitely has the spotlight. There is some off shoot of Islam in Northern Iraq that has also been on the front page of the New York Times daily.

My experience is limited. I would say Judaism has many haters. Roman Catholics are also highly suspect. The antagonism towards the RCs is fading. It was unthinkable recent generations ago that more than one Supreme Court justice (Brennan) would be allowed by unwritten rules. I still remember all the chatter about Jack Kennedy's faith. Protestants thought his loyalty to the church would surpass his loyalty to the US. Most present justices are Roman Catholic. It is showing in their rulings, too. Separation of church and state is not at a healthy level.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I would say Islam is the most attacked religion in the world and rightly so.

The JW's will never be able to compete with Islam in creating contempt, fear and loathing by

the masses.

The muslims are cultivating hate, ostracism and oppresion.

1 most attacked muslims/ Islam.

4-2 various groups of radical fanatics, doing evil in Gods name.

5 the atheist for saying they are not a religion.

6 Bible believing Christians.

7 Catholic Church

8 latter day saints

9 Momons

10 JW's

My comment.

My opinion.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Every ideology is the hero (or martyr) of its own story.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Anytime someone brings this up to me, I always tell them to read Forum 18 News Service. JWs are mentioned a lot, but so are other religions. Most of the "persecution" comes from the various "stan" countries and Russia.

• sir82
    sir82

Can't believe no one has brought up Scientology yet.

Although it does appear that the JWs generate more criticism than Mormons: A google search on "anti-Mormon websites" yields a "mere" 79,000 matches, while "anti-Jehovah's Witness websites" yields 405,000.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DaFurious. Ho de Ho my good fellow. I wasn't asking you to provide stats...my comment merely was aimed at the WBT$ harping on about them being persecuted and they will never compare themselves to other religions being persecuted. The elder can provide you no substantial evidence/stats. Sorry if my comment was ambiguous.#

Sorrreeeeeee.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

JWs are a legend in their own mind, a blip on the radar to everyone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit