Was droping bomb on Hiroshima in 1945 evil?

by new hope and happiness 108 Replies latest jw friends

• Laika
    Laika

But Alpha Man, your decision would kill a lot of innocent civilians who hate ISIS as much as you do, or probably more, since they actually suffer under them.

You should have a problem with it!

• prologos
    prologos

how about the ISIS within, the abusers of those 1400 would be child brides in an islamic Rotham?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

"First they came for the bacon signs, and I did not speak up, because I was not a bacon sign..."

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

But Alpha Man, your decision would kill a lot of innocent civilians who hate ISIS as much as you do, or probably more, since they actually suffer under them. You should have a problem with it!

You're absolutely right. We should just leave ISIS alone and let them continue to spread and kill more innocents, until they have the ability to carry out an event involving using a weapon of mass destruction.

Bullshit.....even if it kills some innocents, if you have a chance to stop ISIS you stop them now. Do you actually think they will go away or quit killing people?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Is it just a coincidence that all these hamster ads are appearing?? Maybe Hammy.Org is spreading its message of truth light and full cheek pouches to the non believers!!

(Sorry- just a fluffy side comment) Back to the debate:

"First they came for the bacon signs" EXACTLY!!!!!

Hitler assiduously cultivated the liberals and communists in the German parliament to get their support and assistance, making apparent compromises and concessions on policy. The day the Nazis won a majority of seats, he turned around to face them, sneering "AND NOW I HAVE NO FURTHER USE FOR YOU!"

Had the French and British acted whilst they had air superiority over Germany, Hitler might have been contained, by the time he had Czekeslovakia in his hands with its huge industrial potential he could build his planes and tanks, until it was too late to stop him.

In Britain we have seen the systematic abuse of little girls by Pakistani muslims in Rotherham. Nothing was done because many in the social services were afraid they would be accused of "racism" and lose their jobs.

In some parts of Yorkshire, white women are regularly taunted as "white Bitch", "white whore" by muslim males - but the police take no action as mocking a white european is not "racist" - again a fact.

In all of time we only have the present to take effective action. Don't anybody say it isn't already necessary- or too late.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't know about only the present. There are back channels during war. Most Americans do not know that before the Declaration of Independence, the Continental Congress engaged in secret talks with Great Britain so we could return home to mother. The same men who were so vocal about tyrannical George III sang his praises to close friends. They were George III groupies. One can engage in a range of policies at the same time.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

In all of time we only have the present to take effective action.

Very true. Mexican drug cartels, Somali prirates, ISIS....all would have been taken care of by now if somone would have taken effective action.

• prologos
    prologos

It would be totally impractical to use the hiroshima/nagasaki solution on Isis or on the internal infiltration, or is the 'do not call list' of wt adherents. but you can avoid to repeat mistakes, like the central Europeans that expelled, found a "final solution' for the most productive of their citizens, and then later imported the most disruptive and welfare -dependant groups.

The only justification for stopping Hitler early was to forestall the developping Jewish Shoa.

The present Europe/ Nato entity defines where the mutual interests were in the 1930s, and are now.

Jws are living under the protective umbrella of those that do the heavy lifting.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I started this post " Was dropping bomb on Hiroshima in 1945 evil" And i feel the question has now been answerd. I am therefore happy for Simon to lock this thread now. However if it serves a constructive purpose as it digresses of topic all to the well and good. Many thanks for the constructive comments.

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

Just some blind musings...

You have to consider that the world had been at war for nearly a decade (you could make an argument that it had been at war since 1914 with a pause in hostilities)

You have to consdier that between 50-100million people died. (I think the distinction between civician and military is silly when numbers are so high, everybody hopes to be a civilian again one day)

You have to consider the fact that the fire bombings imo where signficanly worse.

IMO ending this period of incredible brutality quickly and decisively was an act of mercy.

You also have to consider what happened after the war. While living through the cold war was terrifing, I truely belive nuclear weapons prevented the USA and the USSR from going to war. As a matter of fact it has prevented any two major world powers from going to war with each other. We have seen an uprecidented period of peace following the decisive end to ww2.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit