My JW friend turned down the "privilege" of working the literature table at the park. Why?

by MissFit 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• compound complex
    compound complex

The Bible is all about life lessons, how to treat your fellow man...do not think too much of yourself, be bold yet humble enough that even something as simple as standing on line & you have alot of groceries & the person behind only has a few items, what's the harm in letting them go before you, giving up your seat on public transportation, giving your umbrella to someone in the rain, especially if you are close to home, not thinking selfishly, not thinking the world revolves around you, money will not buy happiness, it will provide comfort, but that's all & it may extend your life a little longer because you can afford the doctors, but when it's your time....it's your time. The bible helps one to live an unselfish life & not take advantage of people.

Thank you, Legacy. This is a good place to be, but much of what I read discourages me, despite its being TTATT. What you wrote makes me feel good.

With gratitude,

CoCo

• MissFit
    MissFit

Legacy: what you wrote summarized how my lady lives her life. I like your take alot better than Perry's and the WT's judgmental views.

My friend see the merit in individual , she doesn't write them off because they are not JWs.

I think a lot of JWs are like her. They do the best with what they are taught. They try to live by the principals of love and try to reconcile the God of love they want to worship with the God of judgment they have been taught about.

That's why they get sick and depressed.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Hi everyone... I just had to tell you I stumbled across one of those literature cart things at the I park.

I was with some co- workers at the park on a work related errand. I walked past the display and did a double take... I just noticed it out of the corner of my eye before I registered that it was a WT display. At first I thought it was a promotional brochure display for the city. Then I noticed 2 elderly people sitting on a bench off a little from the display. They did say hello as we walked by.

As my co-workers and I got into our vehicle I heard one co-worker ask another

🙍" were those 2 people with that display?"

🙇 " yes" 😱

🙍"oh , I wasn't sure at first, What group are they from?"

🙇" Some Christian group? "

👴" yeah, I'll think of their name in a minute. Those are Watchtowers."

*I am completely silent. I have absolutely nothing to say. I am wondering if she will think of the name. I will not volunteer it. *

👴" I remember, 😧 Jehovah' Witnesses."

End of conversation.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Bttt

• momginny52
    momginny52

Your friend is 70 years old. She does not need any life altering revelations. She sounds to me like she is handing things just fine and if she is at peace with what she is doing and what she believes, more power to her. As far as all the scriptures that Perry quoted, what did Jesus say? Did he spout forth all this doctrinal nonsense? No, he said do unto others as you would have them do unto you. God knows our hearts and motivations. This lady sounds to me like she is a good person full of love and is all right with God. Kudoes to her and to you for being her friend.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Thanks momginny. We had another fun lunch today. She seems content with her life. We enjoy each others company.

I hope she lives a long life. For a while there she sure how long she had because of her heart problems.

She is trying to keep stress out of her life. That is why she has not been going to meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit