My JW friend turned down the "privilege" of working the literature table at the park. Why?

by MissFit 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• MissFit
    MissFit

Bucketshopbill: I agree with your reasons. When I went I would come home feeling so inadequate. One time at the meeting I ended up in the bathroom in tears. I remember a sister approaching me and looking at me sympatheticly .

She pats my hand and asks: "did the meeting backfire on you? It happens to me sometimes"

I have never forgotten that phrase. I experienced many more instances but a least I knew what to call them.

My friend would start getting chest pains. She told me being around a lot of people and having to deal with their questions stressed her out.

She was discouraged by the lack of love.

• Perry
    Perry

Perry? I dont understand. Why does she need a savior if Jehovah can read her heart?

Because when he looks in there he won't find Jesus (and his righteousness). He will only see her righteousness, and the "righteousness" of the Watchtower Corporation, both of which are an abomination to God. This will force God's hand to judge her instead of loving her as his daughter.

But we are all as an unclean thing , and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags - Is. 64:6

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: - Roman 3: 10

And be found in him, not having my own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: - Phi. 3: 9

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. - Hebrews 4: 9 & 10

"God raised Him up on the third day and granted that He become visible, 41 not to all the people, but to witnesses who were chosen beforehand by God, [that is], to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead. 42 "And He ordered us to preach to the people, and solemnly to testify that this is the One who has been appointed by God as Judge of the living and the dead. - Acts 10

This is why this poor lady needs a Savior. Each of us on this planet has business that must be conducted with a man named Jesus from an obscure village named Bethlehem. God has allowed us the freedom to do it in this life or the next. However, a person will never be able to cease being conscious, whether in the body or not. We will live with our choices that we make in this life for eternity.... consciously. We can choose the works based ideologies from the watchtower to humanism to mormons, to buddahism ...you name it; Or, "we can enter the rest of God" and rest from our works.

Each of us should choose wisely.

• designs
    designs

BS on a cracker

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

It's called suppression. If you have to swallow all this info. from the org. your body will turn on you. I go out in service & you have to hear all the ailments. We talk more about what's ailing us then scriptures. No one will admit it, but they are seeing TTATT, but don't want to blow their cover so they ...SUPPRESS... I do, but I also come on this site to UN-SUPPRESS...You see the truth lead me to the TRUTH. If you can navigate your way through all the WT propoganda, you'll see the truth. The Bible is all about life lessons, how to treat your fellow man...do not think too much of yourself, be bold yet humble enough that even something as simple as standing on line & you have alot of groceries & the person behind only has a few items, what's the harm in letting them go before you, giving up your seat on public transportation, giving your umbrella to someone in the rain, especially if you are close to home, not thinking selfishly, not thinking the world revolves around you, money will not buy happiness, it will provide comfort, but that's all & it may extend your life a little longer because you can afford the doctors, but when it's your time....it's your time. The bible helps one to live an unselfish life & not take advantage of people. Don't take man's doctrines too seriously....Man picks the bible apart. If I had to some up the bible...it's BE READY & BE GOOD..

Thank goodness for web-sites like these, it lets one know, they are not the only ones who see & hear things that are not true..if ones are ok with being at the hall, web-sites help those who are in, not to think they are crazy. You can go to any place of worship & raise an eyebrow....Man can't even direct his own steps....so why listen to him.

Legacy

• designs
    designs

If you need a book from the Bronze Age to tell you to be good you seriously lack something...

• Legacy
    Legacy

@ Designs, Apparently some do need to be told. Just look how folks treat one another...some folks are just good & some folks aren't. Some folks grown up in family where being good wasn't taught. I agree a book shouldn't have to tell you to be good, if you live by the golden rule, but some interpret that to mean do do unto others as they would do unto you....so if someone steps on their foot, they think the golden rule means...step back on their foot. I tend to think many of the witnesses were not raised a certain way...something was lacking in their family structure....if we have to be constantly reminded to be good....that speaks volumes. I know I was raised a certain way, so the literature is immature to me. I sit there at the meetings & say to myself, wow, they don't know this....so I tend to zone out. I have alot of comments but they would be more condeming than helpful. So maybe some do need a book to act good....a thought, you don't have to teach a child to lie but you have to teach them not to.

Legacy

• MissFit
    MissFit

Legacy :My friend wasn't born in. She had life experience. I think that's why she gets so irritated. Some things seem like it should be common sense.

Even simple common courtesy seems to be missing.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Designs: The Babble started being written down in the bronze age, once the goat-herding Jews learned writing from the civilizations who realised (before the jews) that stealing, murder, envy, adultery, lying, treating your parents badly, etc, are WRONG, long before jehoobie decided to tell the Jews these things, as they had not yet worked it out for themselves.

The stories are oral traditions passed down from the stone age or even before, or stolen from other cultures such as the Chaldeans, Babylonians or Canaanites, such as the ugaritic texts.

All shite.

And now the Jdubs are rolling this trash out on carts in modern cities.... Quite sad when you think about it.

• MissFit
    MissFit

The thing that upset my friend the most was the inefficient and impersonal nature of the work. She is very friendly and out going. It would be unnatural for her to operate the table the way she was being instructed.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There always was a table set up in Port Authority bus terminal. They were stationed near the Glamour magazine stand. I saw them at tables in Union Station, DC, New York, and Philadelphia suburban and Amtrak station. I looked at the books and mags. They just chatted away with each other. The earth could explode and they would not notice. Finally, I realized they would never turn their heads to see me so I left. Maybe I had a more aggressive Witnessing style from exposure to NY. No one else gave them any notice. I will say this in their favor. Their grooming and clothing was impeccable. You could certainly tell the clothes weren't expensive but they were approriate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit