Hey There, so...what have I missed in the last couple of years?

by PSacramento 30 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Hi everyone,

So...what have I missed in the last couple of years?

• naazira
    naazira

Oh not much, the governing body replaced Jehovah. Also, the organisation has moved into the digital age. The society is promoting their official website jw.org with tracts.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

LOL, I meant HERE but thanks for the heads up with the WT.

• humbled
    humbled

Hello, PSacramento!

I was formerly the poster"Not a Captive" when you were posting before.

There is so much that has gone on here. But for me the most important event of recent times was a tough thread that went on this past winter. It had a winnowing effect on many. In fact it was just bumped an hour ago. In my opinion, it is a must-read if you are serious about living an authentic life. It is a epic conversation and a rare examination of Christian Theism: "The Pastor of My Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday".

Good to see you.

Maeve

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I'll check it out, thanks.

• Terry
    Terry

Welcome back old chum. (Watch out for sharks!)

I have discovered discussion groups are like a roledex. The subjects and people are the same, different, same, different, same, different.

Cycles of sameness and differences are eternal.

So, you didn't miss anything that won't come up again. And again.

• bohm
    bohm

PS: Welcome back. Some people got banned/asked to leave (Aguest, tec) and other left; not really sure where to. The board has slowed down by quite a lot.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome back PSac ! you will be gone another couple of years by the time you have read that thread of Cofty's LOL

What has changed is that no real die hard JW Apologists come on here anymore, some start out a bit that way, but are soon either vanquished or converted !

I also think strong believers are thinning out on here, but seeing as doubt in one's beliefs is what brought us here, it is not surprising, again some start with strong belief, and after reading a thread like Cofty's they become more reasonable.

Who knows, even you may join the "dark side" 100% LOL

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

Phizzy, I don't think I can ever join the dark side 100%.

That said I an very well aware of "Power of the Dark Side", LOL !

My beliefs are just as strong, if not stronger but since I have been away I finished mt Masters in Theological studies and in doing so learend that Christainity is far more fluid and evolving than I had ever thought before.

• never a jw
    never a jw

"Masters in Theological studies" Congratulations.

The biggest event for me has been the departure of Leolaia. I hope you can fill her shoes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit