Hey There, so...what have I missed in the last couple of years?

by PSacramento 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome back!

And congrats! Now that you've a Master's degree, what are your plans?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

No plans, I did it "just for fun".

How sad is that? LOL !

I did it because I wanted to study Theology, really study it and see for myself what it was all about.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Hey PS...welcome back!

So, what did your studies tell you about Theology and how has that affected your viewpoint? Are you a Believer or have you let go of Theism?

OOPS...sorry, I posted before I saw your answer earlier...if you can expand a bit with your insight, I'd love to hear it.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I see the quote function hasn't been addressed...;)

Thorology is a fascinating subject, there were a couple of in my class that we agnostic ( more than a couple actually).

It strengthened my faith BUT did the opposit for some.

The hardest thing to do is to be open to the fact that your preconcived views of the bible and religion MAY not be right.

I don't think that we will ever have answers to ALL the questions that will SATISFY everyone, this I learned very quickly !

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Did your theological studies and research into the Bible satisfy you? Do you still think it's accurate and all true? Inerrant?

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

PSacramento-- are you from Sacramento CA? I grew up in Sacramento

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Sacramento is my family name :)

DO I think the bible is Inerrant?

Well, that depends on what one means by inerrant as it applies to the different books of the bible, the different genres.

I believe that the bible, for its intended purpose ( which IMO was to point the way to Christ) is without error.

Does that mean that the bible is without ANY error?

No.

It is the Word of God as passed on to selective men and put into human words for the purpose of bringing man closer to God.

• bigmac
    bigmac

lady lee aint a mod no more.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Everything Ok with Lady Lee?

• bigmac
    bigmac

errr--did you miss the AAWA thing ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest