Introductions

by Onager 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Onager
    Onager

Hi all,

I've made a few posts here already so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm an Ex-JW from Cheltenham Pittville (UK) congregation. I've been free and clear for a few years now so I'm through the anger phase and in the happily getting on with my life phase. Most of my family are still JW's and I am still fascinated by this religion which dominated so many years of my life which is why I'm here on this forum.

I left the JW's because in studying the bible from non-JW sources I became convinced it had been written by humans without divine direction which eventually led to my becoming an agnostic-atheist (I don't know if God exists but the God you're suggesting definitely doesn't). I'm always open to new evidence though!

I now have lovely wife (non-JW) and a cute puppy (labradoodle) and a clear conscience that comes from not living a lie. Happy days!

Cheers,

Matt

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Welcome matey, we'll done for escaping, (a move I have yet to accomplish...)

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Matt, nice intro post and welcome! Congrats on your successful awakening to the real life, sounds like you've done well. And hugs to you and the missus!!

• Onager
    Onager

Thanks mate! I've had it easy though, my family still talk to me, we even go on holiday together. I have no idea why! I wasn't disfellowshipped but I did have an elder phone me up and ask "Do you no longer want to be known as one of Jehovah's Witnesses?" to which I answered "No." I can only assume I was disassociated after that but I never heard anything more and my family still keep in touch. Weird but I'm not complaining.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome to JWN.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome Matt ! sounds like you have achieved the best kind of exit from the cult.

Did your wife attend Cheltenham Ladies College ? Is it really that posh ?

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Onager - The Bible contains lies and contradictions. If there is a God who created us, He is not the God of the Bible. This is why I am currently a skeptic.

Welcome and best wishes.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I'd love puppy!! Can you post a photo?

Greetings Onager.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome. I am from the San Francisco bay area of the US, but I spent a few days in Cheltenham a few years ago, it's a very nice city.

I just heard in a TV show that you can breed any breed of dog to a poodle and it will have the same hypoallergenic quality of the poodle.

• Onager
    Onager

Phizzy,

No, my wife went to Pates Grammar school. Cheltenham Ladies College is very posh yes, but it didn't start out that way. It was set up to provide girls with the skills they'd need to lead lives independently without having to marry a rich man to get ahead.

Dis-Member,

I'll post a pic when I'm at my home PC. :)

LisaRose,

That's exactly why we chose a Labradoodle! They don't shed hair and I can confirm that as an allergy sufferer I can bury my face in her wooly pelt with no ill effects at all! As a bonus she's also adorable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit