I got asked THE QUESTION !!

by Tech49 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Paris
    Paris

don't you agree that Jehovah is directing his organization right here on earth through his FDS, the governing body, and the elders?

No I do not agree because the word "organization" does not appear in the Bible at all. Jesus Christ is my only mediator because the Bibe says there is only one mediator, the Christ. Any man or group of men who puts themselve between me and the Christ is an anti-Christ, blocking my access to salvation. The FDS has only one scripture to support the idea of a central authority and that scripture was about three servants who were given gold resources and held accountable for whether they used what they had or buried it in the ground and applies to everybody and has no reference to central authority as represented in seven old men in New York. - try that answer

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If you are ever asked The Question, it matters not the motive of the person asking, your response will seal your fate.

Make a firm decision before you are ever asked the Question where you wish your answer to lead.

I decided before my meeting with 2 Elders that I did not want to be DF'd or forced to DA, as I have my old Mum still in the religion, and she would toe the line and not speak to me if that happened.

I was asked the question in three different forms throughout the meeting, and neatly sidestepped two, the third time caught me by surprise, so I let the question hang in the air for what seemed an age, then Bro Pompous-Ahole, who cannot stand a silence, started to waffle, so I never did answer it.

The result was like Benyk above, never DF'd or DA'd.

If you use any of the smartarse answers given above, which of course all are a great idea, you still run the risk of them pursueing you further, forcing a DF or DA etc. At the very least you will be labelled a "trouble maker", if none of that is a problem, then ask away.

• solitairelife
    solitairelife

Just say no, and thereafter enjoy the first real day of the rest of your life. Why is it so difficult for those who want to tell the TATT to actually tell the truth when asked this question? Inactive for almost two decades, I tell anyone who asks of me that I do not believe god chose 8 (7, 6, 5) men to represent him in directing that organization. I know, since being away so long, that my response probably means nothing to them at this point, but it is a great feeling when I do have the opportunity to tell the truth about how I feel.

• piztjw
    piztjw

JW's are told the best way to make people think is to ask questions. So personally I would take a similar approach to one mentioned earlier. I would ask, "Do YOU believe that only the FDS is the channel that can provide truth and spiritual direction to God's people?" Naturally they would say, "Yes." Then I would ask, "So, spiritual direction from any source OTHER than the FDS would be suspect, and therefore NOT the real truth?" Of course they would have to answer, "Yes." Then I would ask, "What would be the result if a person, or group of people were to follow spiritual instructions and Bible interpretations that were promoted by another person, or group of people who were not the FDS?" We all know how that question would be answered! My final question would be then, "So what about the religious, spiritual beliefs that are based upon, have been expanded on, and re-interpreted that were from CTR's beliefs of the Bible, considering that according to the FDS he was not part of the FDS, and therefore could not have been God's channel of communication, according to your own answers?"

Any other conversation related to THE QUESTION would be met with either silence, or my assertion that I in fact place my convictions on Almighty God, Jesus Christ, and the Bible. (Acts 5: 29)

• Terry
    Terry

To the extent there is evidence of divine direction, there is divine direction.

To the extent there is no evidence of divine direction, then--there is none.

In principle, every organization is guided by its charter. In practice, however, it is run by humans.

No humans are perfect. No organization is perfect.

I would say, "Are you asking me to PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE to the ORGANIZATION?"

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

... Jack don't you agree that Jehovah is directing his organization ...

Well, when you realize that "Jehovah" IS the organization, it becomes apparent that this statement is a tautology, a truism that conveys nothing meaningful.

It's like saying water is wet. Yes it is.

The trick is that the average R&F JW believes that "Jehovah" means God--and so that statement seems to say something important--but in practice "Jehovah" is simply synonymous with the WTBTS, the organization itself.

Translation: The WTBTS directs the WTBTS. Or: The organization directs the organization.

The writers of WT publications very deliberately conflate the meaning of "Jehovah" with that of "the organization."

Read any piece of their propaganda and notice how frequently phrases such as "Jehovah and his organization" are used. By the frequent repetition of these two terms in close association, and over extended periods of time, they become synonymous in the minds of the average Witness.

This is clearly an example of deliberate manipulation on the part of the WT leadership.

Listen, Obey and Be Depressed: It's a cult!

- -

• Splash
    Splash

Until the revision to the FDS teaching in July 2013, it used to be taught that all members of the anointed and other sheep were under the ownership of the FDS, since they were appointed over them all in 1919 (w09 2/15 p.24 par.3)

Now that is no longer the case.

As such you can reply that the GB have not been appointed over us yet - they have not been insepcted and rewarded. Until that happens, Jesus wouldn't want us to put our full faith in anyone else but himself, and test everything we are taught.

Splash

• 4thgen
    4thgen

If you are ever asked The Question, it matters not the motive of the person asking, your response will seal your fate.

Make a firm decision before you are ever asked the Question where you wish your answer to lead.

Phizzy - AGREED! The question is for witch-hunters. It's all about sifting and they WILL go after you if the answer doesn't ring true to their ears.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Until the revision to the FDS teaching in July 2013, it used to be taught that all members of the anointed and other sheep were under the ownership of the FDS, since they were appointed over them all in 1919 (w09 2/15 p.24 par.3)

Now that is no longer the case.

As such you can reply that the GB have not been appointed over us yet - they have not been insepcted and rewarded.

Sorry, that's wrong. The current teaching is that the F&DS have been appointed over the domestics and presumably will be appointed over all the master's belongings when the master returns. The domestics are now understood to be the rank and file as well as the anointed remnant (even including GB members as individuals).

It was a two-pronged change: (1) a change in where the "slave" is, in the flow of time of the parable (after their first appointment, before the second), and (2) the membership of the domestics. They probably specifically added R&F JWs to the domestic class just so that they could change the teaching about their appointment without losing their authority over the R&F.

• Splash
    Splash

Apognophos Sorry, that's wrong.

I stand corrected.

w13 July "It is noteworthy that in Jesus’ illustration, the faithful and discreet slave receives two distinct appointments. The first is over the domestics; the second is over all the master’s belongings."

Those two distinct appointments are so clear from Jesus words. The first in 1919 and the second yet future.
    I don't know how I missed that!

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit