I got asked THE QUESTION !!

by Tech49 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

His title is Elder. But what he really is, is a walking, talking non-thinking non-blinking 100% plastic JW.org DRONE.

LL

• bennyk
    bennyk

Ah... The QUESTION.

Eight years ago two Elders met with me because they were "concerned" about the fact that I had entirely (and abruptly) ceased meeting attendance. Using Watch Tower literature, I had just discussed with them a number of discrepancies [read: "lies"] in the Society's historical claims. I asked how these things could be so -- how the Society could publish such things...

They asked: "But you still believe that the [Watch Tower] Society is God's Organisation, right?"

I answered: "I can not unequivocally state that it is. That is the significance of my concerns regarding the Society's claims. It devolves on you Brothers to provide me with a reasonable answer."

As of today, they have not given an answer (reasonable or otherwise). They also have not announced me as DF'd/DA'd. Your milage may vary.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Tech49, How would the elder have responded if you had asked him, "Isn't Jehovah guiding the R&F too - not just the GB and elders? What if Jehovah was guiding the R&F to make changes, but "imperfect men" were screaming, "Listen and obey us!"? What should the R&F do?"

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

If I were to be asked 'Do you believe that Jehovah is directing the Organization, the Governing Body and the Elders?' I would in all honesty say: 'I don't think 'Jehovah' exists, therefore I do NOT believe 'he' is directing or overseeing anything. Does that answer your question?'. Then I would walk out of the KH, never to return.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Tigersuit......I never made it to level 6 foil hat creamy elderness supreme.

Perhaps that is the point at which God tells you who should be reproved for having three beers instead of 2?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Jack don't you agree that Jehovah is directing his organization right here on earth through his FDS, the governing body, and the elders?"

You should have said "Extraordinary claims reqire extrordinary evidence."

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Good argument with CTR DD

• kairos
    kairos

When an elder came to "encourage me" in my home, he asked me that same question, almost word for word.

`

I told him that I would not be interegated by him.

He was stunned and avoided any further "spiritual conversation".

• Comatose
    Comatose

Hi Tech! Thank you for sharing. For new faders or those who have awoken and are missing activities. It WILL come up. Because the activity and "service" is tied to your moral character and worth as a human. They will have been thinking it for a few weeks when they finally talk to you. Just smile and cajole and say what you have to in order for them to go away. Then stay away longer next time! If you ever go 3 weeks without hearing a word from anyone, just QUIT!

Anyways, good night all. Eeeeesh.... I get up in 4 hours.... Need sleeping pills.

• smiddy
    smiddy

" I would be interested to know how an elder answers if you asked back, "so do you believe Jehovah is directing you?

In what way?

Are you confident that all your judicial committee decisions were correct?

Does it feel different when he is directing you in the capacity of elder compared to your normal duties?" "

I like jwfacts , approach . ( above )

And dont let them sidestep those questions , hold them to it and get an answer .

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit