the insanity of Sam herds talks at the convention

by purrpurr 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LogCon
    LogCon

In the words of Forest Gump

" Some people call Sam Herd an imbecile or a moron when he really is just a half-wit."

• LogCon
    LogCon

To further quote Forest Gump,

" You can't have a bunch of retards just running around. Even I understand that."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And why would a wife be trembling because of a "bad" meal? Most husbands should be understanding that mistakes happen, and we are in a world where psychic powers have been taken by this jesus crap. Is there allowance for misunderstandings? Is there allowance that these mistakes are more likely when Mercury is retrograde, and the jokehovian witlesses don't even know when that happens? Besides, there is an upcoming washtowel study preaching that, even if one deliberately hurts one (like setting out to ruin your life), you still need to forgive the offender. Why would one not forgive what usually amounts to a mistake?

If that joke-hova needs to be feared lest one make a mistake, isn't that going against this very washtowel, supposedly from joke-hova itself? If I am supposed to forgive someone that sets out to ruin my life and does so on purpose, why would joke-hova have such a hard time forgiving mistakes?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I agree Millie, no rational man wants his wife quivering with fear because she burned the pot roast, whether now or one hundred years ago. He is describing an abusive relationship.

I am a pretty good cook, but if I have a meal go wrong my husband wouldn't dream of commenting about it. If it's edible he eats it, if I declare it a total loss he takes me out. He doesn't need a wife to cower in front of him to feel like a man.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Apognophos - this year. Last weekend..

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

@Apognophos

Sorry, which convention was this? Not this summer's RC?

He came out with this at Twickenham. He might have used it elsewhere if he did the same talks I expect.

The "knuckle-head" thing just made people laugh. It's cultural. We don't say that in the UK but the point was understood. People found it endearing.

The wife fearing her husband raised plenty of smiles as well. Of course people had raised eyebrows but it's not unusual to hear old school brothers come out with claptrap like that. People don't take wholesale umbridge. They just think he's an old boy and brush it off.

Sam Herd came out of his time at Twickenham with a shining reputation. They loved him. They thought he was gentle, humble, understanding, concerned and not what they were expecting.

The knock backs I got when blowing cold water over his talks were quite pointed.

• Paris
    Paris

Londo - Brace yourself - What this man said was fear of God is like a woman's fear of her husband and Herd thinks this is NOT abusive, he thinks that is normal. How sick is this fool ?

• Paris
    Paris

Konceptual - If Herd was accepted as "humble" after this kind of speech, it speaks more to the deep rooted sexism in this organization. The people at this assembly, remember, believe him to be under "special guidance" and a special "set apart Pope like person" who channels God himself. Its a Cult. These people are acting like Cult members, if he told them to go home and kill their first born they would happily do it.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I agree about the deep rooted sexism Paris. I am not suggesting that's what I thought about Sam Herd, just reflecting the concensus of opinion I heard from conversations with various ones. Even some of the most independent sisters I know thought he was lovely. It's the cult of personality.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They could have a trained monkey give those talks. There is NOTHING of substance. Listening to cult leaders is even more excruciating that listening to a politician. The ignorant masses make it possible for these ass-clowns to exist.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit