Telephone Conversations Today with 2 Elders Re: Shunning - Or Not?

by abbasgreta 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

They don't want to step up to the plate as a congregation. Please consider helping out for your brothers sake. This is a slightly different situation, as I am talking about non-jw family, but my m-i-l now needs to be watched most of the time due to a stroke. She can be left alone for an hour or so, but not much more. She was not particularly nice to me over the years, lying, causing trouble, but my sister in law is doing the care giving daily while the son who lives with her goes to work, and I try to give her a break 1x/week, and am trying to get other family members to do the same. Being the sole care giver is hard and takes a toll.

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

I want to know why a never believer is somehow more worthy than a former believer.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Little theyteach that once you leave the organization you have left jah's org so somehow you have sinned and are no longer worthy.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

So I would like to know the scriptural reasoning for suspending the treatment of those who have left Gods only channel of salvation knowingly, for home and hospice care.

I mean.....I'm sure there is something in the bible about it right?

• never a jw
    never a jw

Visit your mom and use the opportunity to tell her what you think of the WT, her decision to follow the WT orders regarding shunning you, and how unscriptural their position is. She is going to have to take it, at least until you get kicked out of the house. I know these actions are vindictive. Perhaps you should ignore my advice, but quite franky vengeance in this case is so appealing.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

This whole issue about DF'ed family members is still a big grey area. There is a lot of ambiquity about the whole thing.

If i can play the devil's advocate here, i just think whatever shred of humanity they still have in their robo-minds is appealing to their common sense. They could have well said "No you cannot see her or take care of her", and technically they are not obligated to make arrangements to take care of her. It's a family obligation and your brother would have the burden.

I think they are erring on the side of compassion on this one, by letting you be with your mother.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I assume you are not aware of the actual "official" stance in the Shepherd Book?? I would have said " F YOU!!!"

DD

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

The second elder seems much more empathtic than the first. Recently my SIL was DF'd. She was the caregiver of an over 80, wheelchair bound sister in the congregation-the only one to clean her home, visit her, take her to doctor appointments. She also checks in on my elderly MIL, who is in her own home and drives and goes where ever she wishes. The super-apostle elder in that KH told the elderly wheelchair bound sister that under NO circumstances was she to let my SIL come to care for her. However, my MIL can still be looked in on as she is family. This elder was once in Bethel and his word is accepted as if he was one of the GB himself.

My SIL was furious. She said "He would rather have the 80+ year old sister live in squalor and be lonely and neglected, than have someone DF'd care for her." No one else bothers with the old lady. My MIL will pick her up for meetings, but is in no condition to be cleaning her house, as she is struggling with her own. It is truly a horrible witness for any neighbors, that is for sure.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Disgusting. Can't think of a better word to describe their behavior and hypocrisy.

The only time they'll "allow" (bend over and kiss their rings while you're at it, btw) a df'd person to associate with a dub is when THEY do not want the responsbility of caring for their dear bro or sis. Such bullsh*t. Once you're of no use to them, screw you...they wouldn't lift a finger. Did the three "sisters" come over to clean? cook? help? Three of them and they came to "preach"?

Shameful. There's the other word I was missing.

• Listener
    Listener

The amount of rules is crazy and to hear these elders follow them is even crazier.

I would say to the elders that I had every intention of speaking about spiritual matters to her as it was her only chance of learning the real truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit