AS JW.ORG TRAFFIC GOES UP, DOOR-TO-DOOR TRAFFIC WILL GO DOWN

by steve2 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

BSB, it's "cofty". You keep saying "Crofty"

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I guess this is a good thing. The productivity will increase becasue the bretheren wil identify those truely interested and only focus on those in the preaching activity. Hmmm I dout it.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I suspect that two witnessing methods will be promoted. For Internet-saturated countries, the jw.org website will be aggressively promoted. For lands where the Internet is not ubiquitous, the old door-to-door canvassing will remain the norm.

Quendi

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I'm confident that multiple scriptural precedents will be ... uncovered. Perhaps as a 'refreshment to your soul' or 'my yoke is kindly'.

Field service has, in recent decades, become a mere social event. This fits the bill.

ginger

• smiddy
    smiddy

C.T Russell

"Zions WatchTower And Herald Of Christs Presence" From 1879 onward

So , the Christ was already present ? Before 1914 ?

Notice : " Zions WatchTower" which was subsequently deleted from the magazine heading

When I became a witness in 1960

" The WatchTower Announcing Jehovahs Kingdom"

But arent the Christian greek Scriptures , the New Testament all about Jesus Kingdom ? Jesus , the King of Kings ?

The whole New Testament , C.G.S., is about witnessing to ,for, and about Jesus.

And now we have JW.Org , are you kidding me ? A few years ago the internet was demonised by the WT organisation now they are embrasing it ?

Not only that , but abrevating jehovahs witnesses was a definite no.no.

I dont think the Borg as such will abolish D2D work , however I do see the R&F questioning why are they doing it, when their are more effective means in this 21st century to reach people with the technology we have today.

And lets face it , the zeal that existed in 60`s , 70`s , and 80`s was the last time their was any real urgency to the preaching work going from door to door.

The Governing Body need to have a serious look to their future if they are going to survive the next ten years .

smiddy

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

Hey steve that was supposedly up to date till last night! Not surprisingly jw.net figures were massively positive for the same period. I'll try and get the figures.

Also found some stats revealing the male to female visitor ratio which showed something like a 2/3rd male majority which ties in with others thoughts about main traffic being elders signing in for general duties.

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

www.alexa.com/siteinfo/watchtower.com

Give the above link a try. Not sure if it's come up as a link ok otherwise copy and paste into a new window. You can also search jw.net to make some comparison although there are a lot less details.

• metatron
    metatron

Suppose the site is a failure, as regards brining any real attention to the "truth"? What then? What choices are left to them?

I say more fakery and more liquidation. What else is there? They can sputter along having publishers hand out tracts that accomplish nothing. As long as they have the website for cover, their non-profit scam can go on indefinitely.

metatron

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Door to door is the main way to control the group and keep all members busy, plus activity in door to door is the way they gauge "spirituality"....

so, no, the good old field service will never be discontinued by the org....

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Quendi”: “For lands where the Internet is not ubiquitous, the old door-to-door canvassing will remain the norm.”

Maybe so, at least for the time being, but that “old door-to-door canvassing” will now be consisting of playing the Society’s videos on tablets just like they carried around phonograph record players and played fiery sermons by Franklin Rutherford in the old colporteur days. They’ve come full circle, and now the remaining door-to-door canvassers in third world countries are back to just letting the pre-recorded idiots speak for them – that is, the idiots in the videos on the tablets. (Except now you don’t have to wind them up like the old phonographs. Just charge ’em up in the car on the way.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit