AS JW.ORG TRAFFIC GOES UP, DOOR-TO-DOOR TRAFFIC WILL GO DOWN

by steve2 25 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Here's a hypothesis that we can expect to see robustly tested over the next 2 (2016) to 5 years (2019):

As JW.org traffic goes up, door-to-door work will go down.

It will be harder to maintain a focus on the motivation and effort required to go "out" into your local territory because the "shift" has started to occur. Hours of preaching may be "covered over" in part by the bums-on-seats cart work - but you will see JWs in your neighborhood less frequently - and when you do, they'll be pushing tracts. No tract will have the Watchtower logo on it. But JW.org will be emblazoned on everything.

And those who are "brought into" the organization will have modeled to them the role of the internet rather than the role of door-to-door work.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

A point I keep coming back to is how little sense it makes to have a free labor pool involved in activities that don't contribute to the bottom line. It just doesn't make sense from a business perspective. I imagine that if a consultant were hired one of the first recommendations would be to mobilize the labor force in a way that contributes monetarily to the group.

The door to door work used to be profitable. I don't believe it's been profitable for at least 25 years and we're seeing the consequences of that namely less and more cheaply-made literature. I keep looking for signs that suggest the WT will go all-in on the real estate business. Encourage their members to donate their labor to construct buildings, use the buildings for a while, sell them for profit (since the WT only paid for materials), build new buildings, rinse and repeat. I believe we're already beginning to see this shift.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“neverendingjourney”: “I keep looking for signs that suggest the WT will go all-in on the real estate business. Encourage their members to donate their labor to construct buildings, use the buildings for a while, sell them for profit . . . , build new buildings, rinse and repeat.”

Instead of Quakers, you could more like call them “flippers” – flip that building, flip that factory, flip that doctrine, . . . .

• Simon
    Simon

They are already skimping on 'door to door' work ... now it's "stand next to a cart and hold out leaflets".

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

the door to door work must continue to validate the individual's role.....they have to 'witness' or lose their roles...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Since the Watchtower Corporation is a business, and the door to door work just doesn't bring in the $bucks$ that it used to durring the Watchtowers haydays of farming on the ignorance of people, and they went to a strict dontation solicitation basis literature offer to avoid paying any tax. They now are required to switch to a different business model that capitalizes more fully on their dwindling free labor force before they go belly up bankrupt. It's either sink or swim and these type of adjustments are not easy for this over the hill gang on the Governing Body which makes them slow in responce time to threats of Corporation solvency.

They are already poised to canibalize their owned/by bylaws property called Kingdom Halls now wearing the official JW.org webite logo, to stem off the effect that an avalanche of law suits world wide they now face, which when push comes to shove they will liquidate as much as they can beofre the courts can stop them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solvency

Solvency , in finance or business, is the degree to which the current assets of an individual or entity exceed the current liabilities of that individual or entity. [1] Solvency can also be described as the ability of a corporation to meet its long-term fixed expenses and to accomplish long-term expansion and growth. [2] This is best measured using the net liquid balance (NLB) formula. In this formula solvency is calculated by adding cash and cash equivalents to short-term investments, then subtracting notes payable . [3]

• steve2
    steve2

yes westiebully1, they would never formally do away with door-to-door but there will be a graduated attrition of expectations. Kind of like once-over-lightlly then off to Starbucks.

If you look at hours pioneers were required to do 30 to 40 years ago compared to more recent years there is a telling trend of ever-reducing requirements; same with the duration of meetings.

The internet has the means to radically re-shape what it means to be a JW.

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

I hate to disappoint you but a quick Google search shows a 12% decline in jw.org site viewings over the last 3 months, so I guess this 'special' campaign is gonna have to be done on the roll over.... indefinitely!!!

• steve2
    steve2

lurkernomore, does this include the current month (August) as well?

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Hi Steve, do you have any books you recommend that help us think smarter and faster like you? I wish the super smart members like you, blondie, Simon, Crofty would share books that made differences in how you all think. Thank's for another great thread, you must be one hell of a great legal professional but I love how you think outiside the box!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit