They came swiftly and left like a speeding bullet, JW.ORG

by jam 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

They are doing all of this so they can build credibility within the cyber world. These campaigns have only one purpose, to be able to count hits to the website and eventually make it the most popular website in the world.

May I suggest that instead of wasting everyone's time, they just post a few Youtube videos of Pharrell Williams' "Happy" dance videos or the "Gangnam Style" dance video from South Korea. They will get millions of hits.

Even better yet, have them put the masturbation makes Jehovah sad ASL videos on the site with funny vocal overlays. The videos are hilarious by themselves, but with a little scripting they would still get the point across and everyone would have a good laugh.

Or maybe if they want to get all serious and shit, then hey, make a 3-D HD movie like "Independence Day" or "Noah" and tell Bible stories or realistic interpretations of what Armaggedon will be like: "See the skin of the wicked ones melt before your eyes. Watch as the birds eat out the eyes of the injured. Watch as hundreds fall into a big earthquake crack just before it closes back up again. Watch as the dead rise out of their graves eager to get a Watchtower magazine in their hands so they will be judged worthy. Watch as angels descend down upon a nude beach a turn naked people into Krispy Kritters. Etc..."

Thousands would flock to their site just for the entertainment value. Instead of being rejected immediately when they knock on someone's door, JWs in field service will be greeted with, "Hey, I saw your movie on YouTube and HBO last night! That was amazing! Maybe I should actually have a Bible study."

There is absolutely nothing creative (except the bullshit doctrines) about Watchtower publications. No reason to read them. No reason to keep them. No reason to even take a free one ever. But hey, remember all the rapture movies that were made back in the '80s and '90s. Those things sold books and had amazing staying power on the Family Channel. People actually believed that crap. But what was entertaing was to see passengers in 747 realize that the entire crew (except for the black, Spanish, and Middle Eastern ones) suddenly disappear from the plane, leaving their uniforms and underwear in a heap in the aisle. That was some awesome special effect. And then the terror as all those doomed sinners realized they were about to die in a horrible flaming crash thanks to Jesus!!!

The WT and GB just need to use some imagination.

JV

• jam
    jam

Juan: What a great idea, I would log on..LOL

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

These campaigns have only one purpose, to be able to count hits to the website and eventually make it the most popular website in the world.

Wow, I hadn't even thought of that. Will the influx of traffic cause Google to rank jw.org higher? That is, will it be more likely to come in above those pesky apostate sites when Googling about the Witnesses?

• Quendi
    Quendi

What a hilarious post, Juan Viejo2! That was the best laugh I've had in a long time. Thanks a lot.

Quendi

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

This all leads to one conclusion:

Gone are the days of 'billions of hours spent at neighbors doors".............replaced with "our website got 50 trillion hits!"

Cue the typical publisher......"Wow, Jehovah is blessing this work"

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

The borg says, that in the first 6 months of the year they hsd recived about a 1,000 study request. In the first 2 weeks of Aug, they had recived 3,200 request. So millions of tracks, and who know how much badly needed money by the sheeple, is being burnt, for this "HISTORIC" work!

Dwain

• jam
    jam

DwainBowman: Are those numbers (3,200 request) here in the USA???

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

I went to field service this Saturday, didn't actually do anything but sleep in the car. Anyway, as the elder exited the car to meet a return visit and my mother reminded him to take his bible along. The elder replied that he didn't need it and he would use what "the Slave" provided, meaning the online video and brochure for the new campaign. Talk about replacing the Bible!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I'd like to see someone with a lot of computer knowledge start a competing web site called JW.BORG. It would be a collaboration of all the anti ORG sites such as JW Facts and a lot of others to show the dark side of the WTBTS.

HappyDad

• jhine
    jhine

Aw Jam , I am sad to not be a goat . As many ladies of a certain age I am bothered now with facial hair (thank goodness for hair removal creams ) so I could fit the description in soo many ways .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit