They came swiftly and left like a speeding bullet, JW.ORG

by jam 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Phizzy - "It will all be proof we are nearing the end I 'spose."

C'mon, man; you should know by now...

...as far as apocalyptic Christians are concerned, even proof that we aren't nearing "the End" is still, somehow, really proof that we are.

• jam
    jam

Yes, People are flocking too the KH, the end is near.

People are leaving the truth in great numbers, the end is close.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

jam - "Yes, People are flocking too the KH, the end is near. People are leaving the truth in great numbers, the end is close."

Even back when I was a dutiful JW, that contradiction always made me scratch my head and go all crosseyed...

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

This is not a stupid move on their part.

By making doctrin undiscernable, and too complicated for even the believer to properly explain, they peddle to the lowest common denominator (not meant to be insulting).

So "campaigns" put butts in the seats of field service. Its easy. Smile and hand a tract. If you are really zealous, then sure share a scripture or something. So its a mass of free labor giving away paper tracts to direct people to a digital website. Its slightly hilarious......but its super simple.

This is why campaigns are the norm. there are 4 a year by my count.

1) Memorial

2) Convention

3) Randon end of service year one (like now)

4) Some "kingdom news #___"

It gets people out, it makes it seem more interesting than it really is, and ANYBODY in the hall can do it. They are trying to get people to develope a routine.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Two thoughts:

"They came swiftly and left like a speeding bullet," they say it helps if you think about baseball.

Remember the BOOK "Qualified th be Ministers"?

I suppose it is now a one-sided tract.

If you can get from one door to the other without pissing your pants, you're QUALIFIED, Bro!

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

I feel left out. I haven't got mine yet. The last tract I got was for the 2013 Memorial and I found that a couple months later cause I don't use my front door. I found it when I was changing my seasonal door wreath.

• jhine
    jhine

Are those little carts replacing talking to people on doorsteps ? I have noticed an information cart in our little town centre a few times now .The first time I did try to engage the middle aged couple in conversation , but probably to little effect . Since then each time I have been hurrying somewhere and not had time to talk but I will have another go .

Anyway I digress , I have noticed that the carts seem to be manned by a middle aged to older couple each time . Maybe these people have spent many years in the Watchtower and can be trusted to not listen to the apostacy of people like me . This way of reaching out to the public only requires two volunteers and anyone interested will stop and ask questions so eliminating hours of doors being slammed or just not opened in the first place because you know it's JWs at the door .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit