New Bethel Conspiracy Theory

by kneehighmiah 16 Replies latest jw friends

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

I know someone who has been at bethel 2.5 years as a temporary worker. He recently recieved a 3 year extension through 2017. I read his letter. He is being extended as a 3-year temporary worker, even though he's already been there nearly 3 years already! This is strange. Why has he not recieved a permanent invitation! As we all know the massive building projects currently going on are scheduled to be completed in 2017. Makes me wonder what's next. At the very least it shows that the GB have no expectation of the end coming soon. They are determined to complete their project, then possibly send many of their free labors home to fend for themselves. Very suspicious.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Do the temps get the huge paycheck that the regular Bethelites get? Or do they completely fend for themselves?

Really, what benefit do you get from being labelled regular vs temporary? Bragging rights?

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

The members of GB know that the END is not coming soon. The only end they will see is when they will die as any mortal. But they want a more confortable material place to spend their last days as rich people.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

If he is a temp, then he doesnt get the same status and 'financial' support as a permanent bethelite does!

Also the level of liability is less for the org if he were to injure himself on the job...

So the org gets all his labour, with little responsibility back!

While I feel sorry for him, its a sad reality that he will have to find out for himself....

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Do the temps get the huge paycheck that the regular Bethelites get?

Come again? What huge paycheck might you be talking about?

I respectfully suggest that this is a non-story. The Society is simply extending the time for the workers so they can help finish the new HQ. They won't need all these workers after that point, so why should they accept them permanently?

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if there was more downsizing of personnel when they are finishing up their move to Warwick.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

War -wick- sounds like a name from a kids fantasy video game.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Do the temps get the huge paycheck that the regular Bethelites get?

I guess my satire isn't obvious enough.

• stillin
    stillin

He takes care of his own teeth?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I guess my satire isn't obvious enough.

Oops, you got me.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Is this a temp volunteer job or a paid job? I know they must have some actual employees. . . right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit