November 2014 WT - Points out the fact that Knorr supported false teachings.

by objectivetruth 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

- It's amazing to track the confusion and stupidity contained in WT articles. -

- In only one Watchtower you can find multiple contradictory statements, and representations of truth that are simply lies Made up on the fly. -

- As an example the Nov,15 2014 WT has the following quotes : -

"Who are the two witnesses mentioned in Revelation chapter 11?"

"Revelation 11:3 speaks of two witnesses who would prophesy for 1,260 days. The account then says that the wild beast would “conquer them and kill them.” But after “three and a half days,” these two witnesses would be brought back to life, much to the amazement of all onlookers.—Rev. 11: 7, 11." "Interestingly, Revelation 11:1, 2 links these events to a time when the spiritual temple would be measured, or evaluated. Malachi chapter 3 mentions a similar inspection of the spiritual temple, followed by a time of cleansing. (Mal. 3: 1-4) How long did this inspection and cleansing work take? It extended from 1914 to the early part of 1919. This period of time includes both the 1,260 days (42 months) and the symbolic three and a half days referred to in Revelation chapter 11."

- This same magazine has this quote - " Nathan Knorr, who became a member of the Governing Body, readily accepted points in the 1925 Watch Tower article “Birth of the Nation,” even though some others questioned them. Such obedience deeply impressed the brother. Pondering over the words of the three men just quoted can help you prove yourself holy by being obedient."

- The November 2014 WT highlights the stance that Brother Knorr took, which proves his obedience -

- To review the 1925 Watchtower & Article that he readily accepted : -

- Taken from " 1925 Watch Tower article “Birth of the Nation" -

"If we find that almost all of the numbers of Revelation are properly interpreted as literal, why should we conclude that the days mentioned. in the twelfth chapter are symbolic, and stretch them out over so many years? If we find that the physical facts are in harmony with a literal 1260 days, would this not be strong corroborative proof that the Lord intended the number to be taken as literal?"

- Notice the claim that "almost" all numbers in Revelation are Literal (I'm not quote sure what that means, perhaps they can just pick and choose which are literal?) -

"To recapitulute, stating the points in the chronological order as we bElieve they have transpired in fulfillment of this prophecy, we find the following to be the facts: "

"87. From 1878 to 1914 the people of Zion were expecting the birth of the new nation. At the same time the dragon stood by, waiting to devour whatsoever was born. In 1914 the birth of the nation occurred. In 1914 the war in heaven began, and Satan and his official family were thrown out of heaven. In 1918, after Satan recovered from his dazed condition, he set about to persecute the members of the Church on earth. In 1918 he caused the imprisonment of the officers of the SOCIETY and others. On March 26th, 1919, these were released from prison; and the Church (representing the woman) there fled into the wilderness for 1260 literal days. From March 27th, 1919, to September 8th, 1922, inclusive was exactly 1260 days, at the end of which period the remnant of the Church on earth makes a bold proclamation of its allegiance to the King and his kingdom, and announces its determination to begin and press the fight against Satan's empire until it is excluded from the earth."

- So According to the November 2014 Watchtower brother Knorr, who was a spirit anointed member of the Governing Body, "readily accepted" a false teaching, and a false proclamation of fulfillment of prophecy. -

- The fact that they use Bro.Knorr as an example of Obedience,and then only 20 pages later they prove the exact article that Bro.Knorr believed in as False, is incredible! It's evident that these people in the Writing Department do not have any editors or "fact" checkers. -

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being a priest to me. And since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children. Hosea 4:6

"Ephraim is like a dove, easily deceived and senseless-- now calling to Egypt, now turning to Assyria."Hosea 7:11

"For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, because he is the messenger of the LORD Almighty and people seek instruction from his mouth. Malachi 2:7

" But you have turned from the way and by your teaching have caused many to stumble; you have violated the covenant with Levi," says the LORD Almighty." Malachi 2:8

“How can you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie. Jeremiah 8:8

• clarity
    clarity

Sounds like that November 2014 wt...is a huge stink bomb!!!!

hhhahahahaaaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

clarity

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks for that bit of research ObjectiveTruth, I was wondering what was being taught in 1925 but was pretty confident that it was something different to what they are teaching today. I think the whole point of mentioning Nathan Knorr was to show that he was obedient to the organization regardless of what they were teaching. He was faithful to the org and it was necessary for him to believe that the teachings at that time were considered to be the truth.

That article reconfirmed their idea regarding the interpretation of the two witnesses and even though the teaching is archaic and doesn't make any sense or have any real relevance to today, they expect the sheep to be obediant and believe that interpretation to be the truth. Worse still, they are also reconfirming that the prophecy of the two witnesses has already been fulfilled.

The article is so badly written that they don't even care to make it easier for the sheepies to understand, it is now all about just accepting as truth whatever they print.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I would reckon that only 10% of witnesses would even know about this teaching, or for that matter even care !

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

When was the last time you went to a meeting? The Elders are becoming mentally challenged, they do not know the Bible or the Watchtower's literature because they are not taking time to study. I had another brother tell me, "Why should we waste our time reading books like Revelation because you know their going to change everything except core doctrines and even those are subject to review!'

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Interesting. . . .

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Knorr supported Rutherford's false teachings because he was in the elite close to Rutherford. In 1925 Knorr may be knew that his loyalty would lead him to the Precidency after Rutherford's death. Knorr always thought as a businessman. Also, those who want to reach a high position in the organizaton have to kiss many asses.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Ok, researching this a little further with jwfacts.com and the original "Birth of a Nation" article, I think I have found a discrepancy (albeit one that is created by Watchtower writers). jwfacts notes:

The 1260 days of Revelation 11:3 are not to be confused with the 1260 days of Revelation12:6. This second period is described as "extending in the Northern Hemisphere from the spring of 1919 to the autumn of 1922. This was a period of refreshing recuperation and reorganization for the restored John class." Revelation - It's Great Climax is at Hand! p.184

So there are actually two 1260 day periods (according to WT): the one in Rev 11 mentioned in the Nov 2014 article; and one in Rev 12 mentioned in the Birth of a Nation article in 1925.

If I've missed something, let me know.

Confusing as hell.

• minimus
    minimus

They should just stick to setting up stands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit