November 2014 WT - Points out the fact that Knorr supported false teachings.

by objectivetruth 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
    sparky1

One of Knorrs' nicknames was "Brownie". Of course he was going to lap up every 'teaching' of the Judge no matter how foolish.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

So can we summarize?

The Nov 15th 2014 WT says that the 1,260 days is from 1914 to 1919...the 1,260 days also being the symbolic 3 and a half days in Revelation.

Brother Knorr, anointed, took a stance that some brother disagreed with him, and he believed that the 1,260 days was from 1919 to 1922.

The Nov 15th WT uses Knorr as an example of being obedient...to a wrong teaching.

Is that about it?

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

lol.. It's hard to explaing this stuff notsurewheretogo!

Now it's even funnier with what breakfast found..

TWO 1,260 Days! Ha, and they're both fulfilled by the WT, with in a 10 Year Period, what a joke.

I love it how they find every prophecy in Revelation or Ezekiel or Daniel or whereever else. and Apply them ALL to them selves..

There is another group of people that also claim the "Birth of a nation" prophecy was fulfilled around them, this group is called the Jews.. And the "nation" that they refer to is Israel, I wonder if the Watchtower has ever heard of it.

"In Isaiah 66:7-8, the prophet foreshadowed the re-birth of Israel, which happened "in one day." The woman giving birth before going into labor represent Israel. This accurately describes what happened on May 14, 1948 - when the Jews declared independence for Israel as a united and sovereign nation for the first time in 2,900 years." - This particular prophecy also could be the fulfillment of the 2,520 Year Prophecy, that the WT has claimed as belonging to 1914.

Another interesting note, is C.T. Russell predicted that the Jews would regain Israel during the 1900's - Of course the current WT says that no further prophecies Involve Israel. According to the WT They are now Israel. = (

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Let's not miss this point:

Nathan Knorr, who became a member of the Governing Body, readily accepted points in the 1925 Watch Tower article “Birth of the Nation,” even though some others questioned them. Such obedience deeply impressed the brother. Pondering over the words of the three men just quoted can help you prove yourself holy by being obedient." - w2014, 11/15

It's really telling how often they keep pounding the Obedience drum.

OBEY

Being accurate in their teachings or doctrine is apparently not important as long as you're obedient.

Let's review: Listen, Obey and Be Blessed - It's a cult!

- -

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

So the Nov 15th 2014 WT is correct, from the JW's point of view, IF there are indeed TWO 1,260 day prophecies...as Knorr is being obedient to one of them...pity.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Yes Indeed - Notsurewheretogo , and don't worry, if an Oppurtunity arises for a 3rd and even a 4th fulfillment of the 1,260 days, they can always fall back onto the trusty "This seems to have a dual Fulfillment" - Who knows perhaps even a Trifecta Fulfillment?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

By the time they read what is 20 pages later in the same Bible Comic, they have totally forgotten what they read in a previous article in the same rag.

Same with the two Witchtowers on 607. The first article showed why we can trust all the original sources that prove 539 as Babylon's conquest: "these sources are sooo reliable you must believe what we say about them."

The second article in a later rag ( by then the sheeples have forgotten the first ) shows why we cannot trust all the original sources that prove 587 as Jerusalem's conquest: "these sources are sooo unreliable you must believe what WE SAY!!!!!"

We is de slabe. You obeys us you is good good good. You doubts us you is BAD BAD BAD. (can we hear jehoobies little petulant foot stamping?)

HB

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

He would never make it to the presidency if he had doubted his superiors. Is more like it.

• goingthruthemotions
  • yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Mind-blowing that they would use such an unknown, stuffy and confusing example of 'obedience', all based on their silly 1919 creed. It's like they are desperate to prop up obedience to their 1919 poppycock and this is the best example they could find!

I'm sure Knorr would have obediently believed anything that came out of Rutherford's ass in order to climb the Watchtower corporate ladder.

J Rutherford announces - "Tomorrow the ancient saints will be resurrected in my backyard at Beth Sarim and I'm hosting a party to welcome them back! Be there (with a bottle of gin) if you are an obedient true Christian."

Others mumble sceptically amongst themselves and walk away. Knorr perks up - "Oh yes sir Judge, I'll be there. I believe this will happen. Praise Jehovah."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit