The Internet Proves JWs Are a Joke Now

by jw07 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

I was really alarmed when seeing the Mona Lisa with a JW.ORG button on her frock and a tract in her hand.

Honestly, no joke. I'm for having fun, but my once cherished faith has become -- well, you previous posters have already said it!

CC

• millie210
    millie210

I agree with JW07 and Magnum.

I have witnessed to many priests and ministers. Mostly over the trinity or hellfire. Its been YEARS since anyone at the door wanted to talk about anything like that.

The householders dont have the religious knowledge they used to.

Jws dont either.

I have begun to think the Society lost the good writers. Like Barbara Anderson for instance. There seems to be a lot of copy/paste in the newer literature. I dont think they have any writers who can manufacture anything.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Internet Proves JWs Are a Joke Now

I always thought it was the corrupt bogus doctrines they tried to commercialize.

• Borges
    Borges

I never heard of any encounter with ministers at the door.

It was in the middle of the 90's. There was a town where we went to preach once in a week with a group of betweeen five to ten witnesses. As soon as the pastor of the church noticed our presence, he started to play loud Music with Anti-Witness-Lyrics out of a big speaker, that was placed on the church steeple.

When he did this the first time, we knocked on the churchdoor, to speak with him. He never opened. When we saw him on the street, we've tried to approach him, but he always fled. We were so eager to talk to him.

But a lot of people aksed us about the songs. They included statements like the NWT is an falsified translation, bablyon the great is rome, 666 refers to the pope and ohter stuff. We really defended what we believed at the time.

The most Jw's today aren't able to do this. They just give away leaflets.

So, they treally dumped down in the sence, that their Illusion has changed from a big house with many rooms, to a tiny cabin, with no doors and no windows.

• smiddy
    smiddy

During the 60`s I went D2D with the P.O. , I was a new convert and we , sorry ," he " witnessed to the "clergy class" of whatever faith we encountered .

Carlton is a close suburb of the Melbourne CBD and had a large population of Italians ,Greeks , Jews , it was truly an education .

You would be hard pressed today to find a " J.Witness " who has any knowedge of the origins and development of his/her own faith.

JW`s today are an embarrasment to the JW`s of yester year.

smiddy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

baltar447 - "They've been dumbing down since the Knowledge book came out."

The irony isn't lost on us, either.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Having an intelligent conversation with a JW was always a challenge for me. I came in, in the 90's and was raised a Jew. Since then the dumbness has just increased ten fold. Some elders just frustrate me so much as they simply cannot grasp simple things. But hey they're in a cult I suppose.

Kate xx

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

I haven't been in the truth for a long time. I have heard former witnesses say how much the literature has dumbed down. It can be many reasons, one could be they meeting more & more foreigners in their area, & many of the witnesses may also be illiterate. We are living in a dumb down society, this generation is a piont & click generation. They have no common sense, yet they give you Duh look if you can't navigate your Iphone, but they can't even remember where they left their keys. Even older adults have decided not to use their brains, why should they, the computer thinks for them. Another thought is that for years, it's all been about doctrine, so they went door to door with THE SO-CALLED TRUTH, but the problem was & still is the delivery. I have heard that the average witness was very stern & if you don't take this message, then too bad for you. If you look at the study WT, it's all about how we deliver the message, do we view folks as Jehovah does, The Golden Rule, Patience, Love, listen to the householder. I think the study wt's are attitude adjustments. I've heard some friends say, back in the day, when a person opened the door, they would put their foot in the door to continue their presentation. I think the society is trying to adjust how the JW's view folks that are not JW's. The average JW, has a pride problem, they have the truth but others don't. The society is breaking that type of spirit or trying to anyway. It's hard for me to sit through these meetings, because I learned about love God & my neighbors from my parents. They taught me how to treat people, how to be polite & think of others, & never think you are better than anyone, yes different but not better. In a nutshell, to have morals. So it's not that they WT's are dumbing down but actually teaching the congregation ....TO BE NICE....so yes it seems like it's elementary, & it is, because many of them either didn't learn, not taught, or don't remember how to LOVE...They have run out of doctrine, they have shot their load on that ....now it's all about ...OK, we taught you the doctrine, now we are going to tell you how to behave, because you didn't listen to your parents, so see Jehovah/Org. has to show & tell you.

I wondering how this Internet of the JW's will play out...will more learn TTATT...or have they shot themselves in the foot for folks to go to JW.org & then compare other sites & other religions...some may even research the history of JW's to see what they are about, it may be in their favor maybe not. Folks are bombarded with internet sites...time will only tell...

Legacy

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Early in, I could hold my own against virtually every religious argument. They would terminate such calls but because they were a waste of time going nowhere. It was barely a threat to my view on washtowel doctrine. True, I despised many of the rules--that November 1, 1989 washtowel belonged in the rubbish (and I wish Astaroth would have been there to comment on that disgrace of a study lesson--even toppling the podium and commenting that the whole thing is rubbish). But, there were articles that, full of lies they were, were at least intelligent lies.

These days, the jokehovian witlesses are wusses. Far from holding their own in a debate (albeit wasting their time), they would cower as if their faith was endangered. The average cat lick could knock down their faith these days--I have debated with Pentecostals and born agains without more than wasting my time. Today, no one can say what "a generation" is supposed to mean. Doctrines blatantly contradict other doctrines, and they keep going back and forth. Fear is more common these days.

And those Kingdumb maladies. Back when I was in, there were 225 of them. They were all bad, but at least a few were somewhat stimulating and many had favorites. Now, there are 135 of them--just 3/5 the number. This cuts down on the variety. They are also horrible, simpler (further dulling the experience), and vibrate damnation into your souls (listen at your own risk). The whole thing about simplifying is to make existence more dreary.

If they want simple, I say skip wasting the time and money. You still want to spend the money--toss the money you otherwise would have spent on field circus, donated to the Worldwide Damnation Fund, or wasted on auxiliary expenses into a jar or plate. At the end of that month, deposit it into your checking account and use it to buy silver at APMEX (or your favorite place), or take the money into a coin shop and buy silver with it. You keep the silver. When the dollar becomes toilet paper, you now have that little stack. Then, when you think about those who hounded you to donate, you just laugh at them. I wonder how many jokehovians are going to be active at that time.

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

I live in Boston, and the new thing are these stands of literature - like a metal wire rack full of magazines and two JDub's (usually a man and woman) stand there and hand out magazines. They literally don't have to say anything, people walk by...and if they are so inclined...they grab one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit