You ever notice how personalities change when CO comes around?

by dugout 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

You hit the nail on the head. I thought that only happened in my congo...

• XkhanX
    XkhanX

Same for my cong. CO loves to eat. Once we have to travel out of the way to meet at a distant location that has " wider selection of food" (quote his words). The last CO died of heart attack after he drove himself to hospital. CO meals are all sponsored by cong members in the name of showing hospitality to God's chosen ones. I heard some bros complaining that it is taxing on them to provide free meals. It's a parasitic arrangement That is wearing out the flock.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Same here. I was so repulsed, that I refused to go in service the week of the CO's visit. Of course I was labeled as a brother with a BA (Bad Attidute).

The other thing that rubbed me the wrong way, was the swithcing of the meetings to different nights of the week when he came. There was no considertaion for those who happened to arrange their work scheudles so they could attend weekly meetings. Then just because the CO comes to town people would have to make special requests to employers for the convienece of the CO.

• luna2
    luna2

We had a CO once in the Midwest who was totally cringe worthy. The JWs in that congregation used to fawn all over him and his wife too. All their talk about not glorifying men went right out the window as they lined up to talk to those people and suck up to them before and after meetings. The "friends" used to exclaim loudly over his talks, which I usually found disgusting (he would graphically describe someone cutting their leg off with an ax or some sex act or how he and his wife would put on a fictitous skit at McDonalds trying to draw people into discussion. I guess its okay to lie in that case). After his first visit, I would usually only go to one of the meetings.

Later, after i'd moved to the Northeast, he was assigned out here. I didn't go to the KH the entire time he was visiting. He was awful.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

its a big freaking social event. going out in service to knock on empty doors and go to the same return visits that have been getting magazines for the last 10 years is just an exscuse to get together with people. because if you just call them up and invite them over your accused of to much socializing!

the 'privliage' of working with the co and his wife, is like a lottery, ooooo,

who is he going to pick to go in the c.o. car group! and then if you are you feel all special.

its funny, rather than waste gas and time riding around sitting in a car and stopping every hour to take a leak or have coffee,

why not just get together for a nice evening with freinds! duh, THATS what its all about. THAT is how yu find out that sister so n so broke her ankle

and needs help vacumming, or brother so n so, is looking for work, or someone wants to have a picnic.

or little sister so n so got the measles.

but noooo we dont know anything, unless your in a car listening in on someone elses conversation.

some people are so transparent.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

they are having thier reward in full

• blondie
    blondie

We had a CO, first circuit; grew up in a family where the father was not a jw. He was dreading the fawning...he remembered how he had been treated growing up, spiritual leprosy. He made it a point to spend time with the single parent and only one jw parent families. That was 10 years ago; I wondered if he has been molded into a new image.

• losingit
    losingit

Oh! I forgot to mention-- my df'd announcement was made at the last CO visit I ever went to. When I visited my jw friends before the announcement to say goodbye and told them it was going to be over the CO visit, they all CRINGED, each and every single one. In my time in, I don't ever remember a df announcement made at the CO visit.

Anyways, this CO was a young black dude (kinda good looking) who had a white wife (not so cute), his voice-- he sounded like a radio jock. I swear that was the onlyreason he was chosen as CO. He was arrogant and rude. Nothing special.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“dugout”: “Isn't it sickning when normaly people in the cong don't even speak to you. But when the CO visits comes they want to shake your hand and even (cringe) hug you? Then as soon as he leaves back to normal.”

By this everyone will know that JWs are Jesus’ disciples, if they have love for one another . . . . when the big cheese CO is looking, that is!

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

I can relate. We have the C.O. this week. The C.O.B.E held the front door of the KH open for me, said hello, using my first name, with the most welcoming and exciting voice. Normally, he is rude and doesn't speak.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit