October 1914? Really?

by sylvlef 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

All the WT writers got right is the date, everything else about that lucky number 1914 in their --many pellets shotgun-- aproach to prophecies is wrong. (see ucantnome post 1412 above).

now they got the generation idenity wrong. (generation= delusional partakers)

ucatnome is still in the old 'generation=NORMAL people' mode.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Thought of something which I cannot simply resist to share here. If the apostles were told not to bother with the times or seasons about the restoration of God's Kingdom, then who is the WT's Governing Body to impart prophetic interpretation that cannot be questioned by the JW community?

Apostles qualifications

> were directly inspired by the holy spirit in the 1st century

> chosen by the Lord Jesus Christ himself

> had hands on training with Christ

> became actual witnesses of the Master on earth, his death and his

resurrection

> some became authors of the Bible

Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses Qualifications

> not inspired though it claims to be guided by the holy spirit

> assuming anointed by the spirit, there's nor guarantee that

they are guided by the spirit 100% of the time;

> new members of the GB not the same small group of annointed ones

that were inspected by Jesus and chosen by him in 1918 (this claim remains

to be proven scripturally)

> new members appointed or elevated to such distinct privilege by

existing members of the GB based on spiritual qualifications and other factors

outside world don't know.

> issued doctrines and prophetic understanding that have changed or evolved

numerous times which caused confusion to the JW community, even to ex-JWs

and interested people following WT activities.

Please help me look for verses in the scriptures to prove that the GB is in a more esteemed position or has better qualifications than the apostles that the former deserve to KNOW better, UNDERSTAND better, and INTERPRET better.

If somebody proves it without question or aota of doubt, then I and perhaps majority of critics, will rest this case.

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

Good one!

thanks for the insights!

• luna2
    luna2

The WTBTS has always been hung up on dates. There will be the occasional admonition from the podium that we are not to focus on dates and times and scriptures cited that no one knows the date and hour, but that is just lip service. The Watchtower is careful not to be too specific, but not out of respect for Jehovah, simply because dates that have been favored in the past have come and gone without any fulfillment of predictions and they don't want to predict a certain date and have it come to nothing....the sheep might start questioning their hotline to Jah.

I've never seen a group of people so ready to jump on dates. Wasn't the last one 2012? I no longer speak with any JWs in the congregation I used to attend, so I'm pretty much out of the loop now.

My life is certainly not perfect, but I can't tell you how glad I am to be out of that morass of guilt, congregation politics, and nonsense from the WTBTS that we are supposed to accept without question.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Marking

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent PCNJ

• wifibandit
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback

Great diagram WB.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

PCNJ

I'm working on your qualification distinctions for my own benefit. Perhaps others have suggestions

Apostles qualifications

- were directly chosen by the Lord Jesus Christ himself

- had personal hands on training with Christ

- were actual witnesses of the Master on earth, including his death and his resurrection

- were inspired – their writings in the NT were inspired by the Holy Spirit

- such writings never required revision.

- the gospel they preached was authenticated by signs and wonders

Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses Qualifications

- claim to be chosen by the Lord Jesus Christ in 1919 remains unsupported biblically

- claim that those allegedly chosen in 1919 collectively represent the FDS is unsupported

- claim that new members of the GB, appointed by the GB are also elevated to such distinct privilege is also unsupported.

- claim that although they and their writings are uninspired these same writings must be accepted and followed as the word of God is unsupported.

- claim to be guided by the holy spirit since 1919 remains questionable

- claim that salvation depends on believing the above claims is unsupported biblically

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good post Van, personally I would change your penultimate point to read :

" claim to be guided by the holy spirit since 1919 remains ...... laughable".

But I do appreciate you are thinking of how we should gently present TTATT to a Jdub.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit