Corpus Linguistics - Text Analysis of All Watchtower Publications since 1800's

by objectivetruth 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
  • ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi,

Has there been any update to this? I would LOOOOOOOVE to have this tool, when available!!

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

I also would love to see this. I know the writings are extremely manipulative.

• Splash
    Splash

objectivetruth - Here's a tip for getting more accurate search results.

If you convert your search phrase to lowercase, then convert the text being searched to lowercase as you read it in, you will not get search results doubling up (e.g. 'the' and 'The', or 'Jehovah' and 'JEHOVAH' etc)

Splash

• Watchtower-Free
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Hi,

I would like to resurrect this thread. Is the OP still around on JWN? I cannot PM since my PM is broken, but I really would like to see this project come to fruition.

Thanks!

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

I'm Objectivetruth (I lost my old account with the website change)

Any way.. This project can still be developed further, but here is what we developed back then.

You have two options :

1. Search for all occurences of a particular word here - http://wttruth.com/quote.html

Try searching a term like "apostate" and you will get a list of older WT articles that contain the word. Once you click on a link, you will see a Text version of the article.

To zoom into the search term while on the article hit CTRL+F on your keyboard and type the search word again. This will highlight the exact location of your search term.

2. See a Timeline of Key word usage here : http://wttruth.com/search.html

Type in a term like "Governing Body" and you will see the word usage has slowly increased year over year it capped in 1985 - 1990

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Hi LAWHFol!

That's awesome! Can I help you somehow to put in the data previous to 1950?

Thanks!

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Hi,

Has there been any updates to this project??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit