Is Sex Just Sex, or is Sex making love?

by butalbee 25 Replies latest social relationships

• butalbee
    butalbee

Okay, my ex says that sex is just sex, it isn't love. Love is deeper than sex, and sex is just to feel good...He also says that love is an entirely different thing, and if I think having sex has anything to do w/ sex, then I am crazy. What is your views on this..

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Um...yes?

It can be both. Depends on the dynamics of the relationship.
    Sometimes I'm looking for F*** sex. Other times i want it to be more than a technical performance with real feeling involved. The term "making love" just makes me cringe, too corny a term to me.

All i can really add is:

No matter how "technically proficient" a partner of mine is,
    it's ultimately the quality of the trust, openness and communication in the "relationship" that has a DIRECT bearing on the quality of the sexual experience for me.

SPAZ

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

He is right.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

sex mostly is just that, sex. but throwing love into the mix can make sex more than just sex. love though is a whole hell of a lot more than just sex ever. hmm does that make any sense?

and i agree with spaz, making love *gag*

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Umm,yeah,what Harmony said.

Nuff Said,
    Cowboy

I know there's a balance,I see it when I swing past....John Mellencamp

• Introspection
    Introspection

Well technically, I don't think that love can be "made", but that it is uncreated. However, there can be acts of love, and sex can be an act of love. Of course, that may be kind of rare due to the increased emphasis on sex. Basically, it all depends on the intent. I think if you ask yourself the question, you can find the answer there too.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

yes they are different IMO
    you can have one without the other. So they are different

Do animals have sex or do they make love? Or both?

Do you make love to your batteries?

• gumby
    gumby

Okay, my ex says that sex is just sex,

I'll have to agree with him.
    Giving my babe a hug and kiss when I leave for work, when I get home, and a kiss goodnight is all the "love part" I want and she seems good with that.

Thats not saying spending a LITTLE time in the love dept.isn't needed before you begin........unless you just can't wait!

• one
    one

b,

He is right

Anyone may feel more inclined to have sex with someone she/he loves.

Women usuallly are no inclined to have sex with a man she does not "love".

Actually she/he may think he is in "love" with someone, in reality it only means she/he feels good interacting with the "someone.

Love is much deeper than that and may not be related to the opposite sex.

A person may love anyone, same gender or not.

when I am hungry i may me be inclined to eat only at a certain restaurant. Because of the service, enviroment, quality etc. In realitly the food at some other restaurant may be even better. It is a feeling, emotional.

BTW
    Eating habits are mostly cultural. You eat what you eat not by a logical rational decision.

TRUE love is logical and rational, emotion may and should be involved.

Problem is defining LOVE. Can you?

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

All depends on the person you're doing it with I'd say.

-Rick
    "Keeping an eye on the Watchtower deviants"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit