The Reason Why JWs Won't Leave The Cult Is Because They Won't Think!

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

They simply refuse to think, to reason, to ponder.

They are LAZY!

Even if they might feel that something isn't right, they won't research an issue or a question. They just don't want to put any energy into knowing the real truth.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

The Reason Why JWs Won't Leave The Cult Is Because They Won't Think:

think it's the truth : after being told numerous times it's the ''truth'', you start believing it

family : families tell other family members

lazy : just like a bird doesn't want to leave its nest, Jehovah's Witnesses like to stay where they feel comfortable

first religion : born into the religion, why leave when that's all you know

why leave : the WTBTS may be right

it's a club : just like a bowling club or playing cards, you meet people that have the same interest

fear : where will i go to now and family will no longer associate with me if i leave

going through the motions : been a Witness so long you sleep walk after every meeting and field service

too young to leave

have privilages that are hard to leave

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Walter C. Langer - “People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.”

Is this thread's title a little biased? I am sure that many JWs do think, they just don't think like non-JWs. BITE control can make a person percieve things differently than a person who is not manipulated by BITE control techniques.

Most JWs would rather believe that by following Jehovah they will be rewarded by living in Paradise forever in perfect health and surrounded by loved ones, rather than be responsible for thinking for themselves and making their own mistakes. For those JWs it might be easier for them to leave by replacing that fantasy with a better reality - easier said than done.

Once JWs are seriously disillusioned with the WTBTS, they will make their plans to fade or remain a JW because of social relationships. Emotions are known to overcome thinking logically.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Minimus,

I believe the Witnesses are not lazy. We usually aren't born to socioeconomic groups that ask hard questions. Regardless of the WT, I always memorized school work. I had no confidence that I could think about the subject. It was the big change that attending a good college left. Compared to the women from private schools, I had no ideas. Perhaps it was worse in my case b/c of the Witnesses. A trained seal can perform. No one taught a course. It took four years for me to write a single term paper that was not a recitation of facts. It was a great leap forward.

People join religions for a host of psychological reasons. I could never understand how someone with reading comprehension could become a Witness. Members here explained that at a low point in their lives, the Witnesses appeared and lovebombed them. I studied political mpvements around the world so I know the cult tricks at an intellectual level. I can feel my emotions being played. No one is immune.

Also, the longer one is a Witness the more isolated you become. It is not easy for most people to make transitions. You might hate the Witnesses but they are familiar to you. You are comfortable. People are born with different temperaments. What is easy for one person may be hard for another.

• prologos
    prologos

JWs definitely have brain activity, but it is mainly chanelled into how to advance in the organisation, jostle for for the highest position in the pecking order of the hens, all the numerous aspects of the cult.

They are beyond the stage of the Beroeans, a stage that was hidden from them by the 'bible 'STUDY' farce'

• Magnum
    Magnum

The Reason Why JWs Won't Leave The Cult Is Because They Won't Think!

Actually, many can't think; they simply lack intelligence and reasoning ability. My mother falls into that category.

I think JWs fall into one of four categories:

1) The lazy

2) Those who lack thinking ability. They're deficient in intelligence. They're so lost that they're not even aware of a need to question and research. For example, they don't even know that the issue of who chose the books of the Bible they use exists. They don't even think to question JW history. They're blissful, satisfied, and happy in their ignorance.

3) Those who feel that something's wrong, but think it must be their own fault that it seems that way because the all-knowing and all-wise and super-intelligent GB can't be wrong.

4) The intelligent, reasonable, discerning ones who know something's wrong, but can't say it because they know what will happen if they do.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve been told many times by JW`s..

"Why Should I Think When The WBT$ Does It For Me?"

Thinking for yourself is Not an Option,when your a Loyal WBT$ JW..

.........................In Watchtower World..

...........JWs LEAVE THEIR BRAIN AT THE DOOR..

photo jw_check_brains.jpg

........................................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• QC
    QC

The majority believing in God (not organization), they do see the JW warts, but other religions have warts as bad and worse.

They don't know where to go, there's no urgency for change.

When they realize there is a better religious situation, they will make the necessary change.

However, those who believe in the BORG organization (GB and local company folks, hooked on power and authority) will have a rude awakening.

Their world will crumble to nothing!

The atheist crowd will have similar reversal of their status.

They will have a rude awakening, God is real!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I think JWs fall into one of four categories

I'd like to suggest a major fifth group:

5) The smugly self-righteous. They're not lazy or dumb, they just love being better than other people and won't let that delusion by ruined by the facts.

And maybe a sixth group:

6) The highly anxious. They are too afraid of the world or afraid of the truth not being the truth, so they are mentally trapped and cannot let themselves hear or consider any doubts.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I agree that there is a huge chunk of JWs who are incapable of any meaningful cognition.

However, I think it is more often the case that the average witness is not being completely honest with themselves.

They refuse to be honest with themselves because it would just be too damn painful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit