Your "Things That Make You Go Hmmm?" List

by FlyingHighNow 63 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The myth is that JWs are the only denomination that studies the same things at the same time. The Roman Catholic, the Anglican and Episcopal prayer books are used to guide what will go on every day of the calendar, what readings will done, what eucharistic prayer will be said, what Saint will be remembered, etc. There are different colors used at different parts of the year, for instance blue for advent, white for Christmas, Epiphany – Green, Lent is purple, Good Friday is black and pentecost is red. The churches are generally much more organized than the JWs know. The big difference is there isn't pressure to be uniform.

• goingthruthemotions
  • talesin
    talesin

Drunk elders, my pioneer friends having sex, oh and did I mention drunk elders? All this was openly known, and condoned if you were part of the 'IN' crowd.

How could such things exist in "THE TRUTH"? So, after my friend hung himself because he was gay and felt he was worthless, I decided that Jehovah was a big old lying hypocrite.

I never entered one of their churches since that September 1976 evening when I made my decision. :)

tal

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

MA5RKED

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit