I think this is closure for me.

by quellycatface 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Quelly:

I know how you feel......I remember tearing up certain things to bits, especially an "autographed" song book and other things from one of the "anointed"... Was I supposed to cherish them like they were precious relics?

Boy did I feel stupid even having these things around.

I have no regrets that I got rid of many things pertaining to the religion. I came to view these things as worthless and I felt very good about disposing of them as the garbage they are!!!

• KateWild
    KateWild

I had a big clearout when I moved, I was wonderful. Kate xx

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

My wife and I threw everything out the day we decided to never go again. The only thing I have is a bible that has a note my wife left written on the map part when we were teenagers.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

OneEyedJoe-you say you tore up your blood card? If you gave it to your doctor or medical center, they will have a copy of it, so it might behoove you to tell them, (and you would have to tell them, not a relative), that you do indeed take blood now and to delete their copies of your blood card.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

I still keep my blood card on me (unsigned of course) just to show people how crazy this religion is.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

As soon as my father died, we gave all the Witness lit to the KH. We were sorry we just didn't place them in the trash. The house felt so much safer.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

I... I... I really don't want to ask this... but... when did they start issuing baptism cards??

*sigh*

• backformore
    backformore

I'd never seen a flame as beautiful as the one that burned all ny old JW stuff a few years ago. Don't even remember why I chose to do it when I did but one night I just fdecided I'd had enough so tossed it all in a can and lit a match. It felt great too!

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Binned everything we could find (completely filled our wheelie bin) in the first week. Tore my NWT up in frenzied disgust. Found odds and sods over next few months lurking under beds, old handbags etc - couldn't get them out of the house fast enough.

• blondie
    blondie

Some areas have the custom to give new baptized jws a greeting card congratulating them...it was somewhat frowned on by the WTS because if some did not get cards, it became a personality thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit