Is Prophecy important?

by EA916 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    In the short time I've been here I have not seen you be passive about anything religious. No, you are very active, forthright and quite forceful in your opposition to religion.

I'm not opposed to religion. I've no idea where you got that idea.

I can say I understand what being a woman is but in no way can I truly understand what being a woman is because I am not a woman. You may intellectually understand what is meant by spiritual or spirituality but unless you experience it for yourself you have no way of truly understanding what is meant.

OK, but you've not even defined what "spirituality" means in any objective sense. Of course there is no hope of understanding it. The same cannot be said for "being a woman".

I will not participate in efforts to divide the flesh from its fat in order to satisfy an atheistic pursuit to put down religious beliefs.

Nor is anyone asking you to. Just what do you mean by, what is "spiritual" and "spirituality"? Define for us, please, this thing you claim is lacking. We can't hope to determine if it is lacking unless we know what it is.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Viviane,

Forgive me this:

The sky is blue and above our heads.

Your turn...;)

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Forgive me this:
    The sky is blue and above our heads.
    Your turn...

Unless it's night, of course. No idea what this has to do with you defining "spiritual" or "spirituality", however.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Viviane: Unless it's night, of course.

And what is "lacking" during the night?

No idea what this has to do with you defining "spiritual" or "spirituality", however.

It has everything to do with what spiritual or spirituality is.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    And what is "lacking" during the night?

Lacking? I've no idea what you mean. Lacking what? What result are expecting that something would lack?What do you think should be there that isn't?

It has everything to do with what spiritual or spirituality is.

Why the sky is the color is it is under a given set of conditions is well known, easily defined and provable. I've no idea why you think that has something to do with spirituality since you've not defined it. I await your explanation.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

thanks fusiontheism for sharing those verses in support of my point.

viv, My pov is that we can certainly establish that the prophecy in Daniel 7 re the son of man setting up a kingdom was fulfilled and also that it is now in the process of being fulfilled. Okay it may be that people long for that fulfillment and also put effort into bringing it to fulfillment after much trial error.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    viv, My pov is that we can certainly establish that the prophecy in Daniel 7 re the son of man setting up a kingdom was fulfilled and also that it is now in the process of being fulfilled.

Your PoV is wrong, then.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

oh btw cofty, thanks for noticing that my posts are different ffrom Perry

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

Wow I woke up to this thread. Can I just say to Vivienne and Cofty that there is more than Isaiah that points to Jesus. Infact all of the writings from Moses to the Gospels point to him.

How can one man take all of the paralells relating to Esau-Jacob, Moses, Aaron, The Tabernacle, The Red Sea, prophecies relating to King David, heaps of stuff in Psalms - (the list is endless) fit into his life?

These passages all fit together. Then there is the issue of how the Jews could so easily kill Jesus for saying one thing but could not stop his apostles preaching a whole lot of lies? It was not possible in that time - a good video is "Case for Christ" - he does quite a good job investigating whether Jesus was real and the culture at the time.

Also, if these fishermen were such geniuses to understand the whole of the written word at the time and contort it to fit Jesus life - that would be a miracle in itself.

I understand there are people here that are hurt by this organisation and don't believe. But let's not make the same mistakes that the org made us do. Cherry pick one scripture and misapply it.

I went through the same doubts when my blinders where taken off - basically how can I trust anything. But as I began to deprogramme all of the crap and look at the bible as a whole, you can't deny that Jesus was the Messiah that was prophecied - it all points to him. It's quite incredible when that picture starts taking shape but it takes a while.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    How can one man take all of the paralells relating to Esau-Jacob, Moses, Aaron, The Tabernacle, The Red Sea, prophecies relating to King David, heaps of stuff in Psalms - (the list is endless) fit into his life?

Please tell me which specific parallels you are referring to, chapter and verse, and we can see how well it all fits together?

Also, if these fishermen were such geniuses to understand the whole of the written word at the time and contort it to fit Jesus life - that would be a miracle in itself.

The gospels were written by men not Jesus' apostles and written in Greek.

I understand there are people here that are hurt by this organisation and don't believe. But let's not make the same mistakes that the org made us do. Cherry pick one scripture and misapply it.

Cherry picking and misapplication is often how prophecy is derived. I don't understand how this is related to an organization, it's a problem endemic to Christianity itself.

But as I began to deprogramme all of the crap and look at the bible as a whole, you can't deny that Jesus was the Messiah that was prophecied - it all points to him.

I do deny it, therefore it can be denied.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit