by yogosans14 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Here's the short history lesson on the Jewish Messiah-

He is a human

Lives by the Torah

Re-Builds the Temple

Unites all humanity in peace

Gan Eden grows to earth wide proportions.

So far the Jesus of the NT isn't that person and hasn't done those things.

For some reason his Gentile followers needed him to be this "very God/Man" being.

Why do you think that is.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Before Jesus was man he was the Word God. Jesus as a perfect man was not God. Only until he went back to heaven he took his role as God.

• Aroq
    Aroq

So what you are telling me designs, is that you do not believe in Jesus. I get that loud and clear. You think I am dogging your question, but the reality of it is your question is illogical. I suppose your next question would be "can God make a rock so big that even He cannot lift it?" designs, I see that we are not going to have a very productive discussion as you keep insisting that I have not answered your question. I have, you just do not like the answer because it does not pin me against any of your preconcieved rebuttles. Look, I can only tell you what I know, you can choose to ignore it or argue. I'm not into playing the what if game, especially when I have the answer in the Bible.

Give me your proof that Jesus was giving commands that were already in place. I see none of it in God's inspired word.

• designs
    designs

What you are drawing on is the Pauline Epistles and the heavily edited versions of the Gospels, all of which were 'voted' on by a bunch of Bishops to make the Canon.

Not much of a recommendation eh.

• Aroq
    Aroq

So what you are telling me is that you do not believe there is ANY inspired word of God. Got it. Then what are you even arguing about if you believe none of it?

• designs
    designs

Because the 'Christians' have little defense for their super-hero on so many levels- social, political, humanitarian, historical and of course doctrine.

• Aroq
    Aroq

The defense is God's word.

• designs
    designs

It is a selective interpretation of the NT Aroq.

At least if I asked a Unitarian about why some view a verse as establishing diety or not I would get a straight historical based answer.

• Paris
    Paris

designs - on lesser god theory -

I have pondered this question privately for years since it was drilled into my dear litte ear that Jesus was a "lesser god" and still we pray "in his name" and are to apply to him for help. Of course the real problem is the claim of the Governing Body to be the first "gateway" or channel to God himself, and not a direct route one on one. Christians by combining Jesus and Jehovah is some mysterious linked oneness, simplifies their direct access to God and they need no mediator in the form of a "Governing Body" or anybody. Unless they are Catholics and use Priests and Popes and whatnot. Whew this is exhausting.

Anyway - I think JW have a very materialistic religion. Its all about beautiful young people in a fruit orchard, eating piles of colorful fruit, with birds flying overhead, and everybody with gleaming white teeth and picnic baskets on green lawns, besides babbling brooks and lots of cute Panda Bears frolicking around. La,La,La,La land. For Jehovah's Witnesses, it all has to smell good, be bright and sunny and everyone dressed well and enjoying very visable never invisible or mysterious rewards that no one can describe, for witnesses, it has to be all like an animated cartoon movie.

For witnesses, everything is paint by numbers. Classes, ranks, everything explainable and step by step calculations, countable, formulated, controlled, neat and tidy and very visable mental images. The Trinity is simply not a visible or explainable concept and its about very mysterious and mystical forces that are completely unpredictable and unseen, so to explain it to a witness, is like trying to expalin calculus to a frog. They are not ready for it. And they keep hopping about.

• designs
    designs

We use to be better schooled in things like Hypostasis and all that stuff. Debating Trinis on the front steps of some theological school was how we pioneered. Not so with todays JWs.

What I find curious is the same block exists in Trinis as the JW when it comes to challenges of doctrine and thinking outside the Box.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit