Have you seen "Knock! Knock!"?

by compound complex 20 Replies latest jw friends

• losingit
    losingit

Wait? This movie was played at the convention? Wow! They really have dialed up the notch on churning the emotions of j-dubs.

Things like this often make me think of the young ones I said goodbye to at the congregation. I wonder if they'll be okay, if theyll ever make it out, and if ever I might need to b there for them if they turn away from 'the truth'.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Mrs. Bee, sparrowdown and losingit for your comments!

Things like this often make me think of the young ones I said goodbye to at the congregation. I wonder if they'll be okay, if theyll ever make it out, and if ever I might need to b there for them if they turn away from 'the truth'.

My sentiments exactly, losingit.

Many of my loved ones at the KH are not okay. For that reason, I have gone back -- physically. I solemnly grin and bear my way through the prop from the podium and then, afterwards, do all I can to be a warm and loving friend to these dear people who appear to know no better. I tried staying in touch from a distance; it simply has not worked. So many followed my lead and accepted "The Truth" upon my urging. I cannot leave them abandoned any longer.

It's a personal choice. You'll do what's right for you and yours.

Love,

CoCo

• zophar
    zophar

"......do all I can to be a warm and loving friend to these dear people."

I really appreciate what you are going through. Sounds like you were too effective as a JW by bringing in others! Like you, I feel a personal responsibility toward such ones, especially the ones I personally helped in.

Regarding the movie. Where exactly is it from? Does anyone know? It was not shown at the 2014 International Conventions.

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

@zophar it was part of the p resentation for the International Delegates at the Buckhead Theater in Atlanta

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow. Just wow.

• zophar
    zophar

@insidetheKH Thanks for the info.

UNBELIEVABLE! I can't believe that "Millions Now Living" is still being held up as something to be proud of. How do you boast about a failed prophecy?They are all dead! Is the older lady at the end, young girl in 1918, part of the Millions of 100+ year olds that are Living?

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

@zophar simply because JW's do not see it as a failed prophecy but just as part of their history and of spiritual light that is getting brighter and brighter

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

As many here already know, the context of "millions now living will never die" was Rutherford's claim that the end would come in 1925, just one of many failed prophecies by the false prophets at the WTS.

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

Having said that....the video is very well done. Is there a YouTube link to the video?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Rufus:

The link provided is youtube.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit