Have you seen "Knock! Knock!"?

by compound complex 20 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

I thought it was a genuinely old silent movie. It was prepared for the delegates of the international conventions.

A young man in a sound car goes to different homes in the neighborhood, and comes upon a bereaved husband with two young daughters. Joe Witness plays "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" to the grieving widower and father.

There is a "smoking gun" midway through that reveals itself at the film's end.

It made me want to believe again . . .

CC

• compound complex
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I cant imagine a JW wearing a straw boater out in service. . .

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, I caught that also, JWdaughter, but wonder if it was part of a man's wardrobe in that era . . .

In the old movies, men always wore a suit, tie and hat -- but a boater?!?!?

Thanks!

CC

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

This is a pure propaganda film.

Do the makers of this film honestly have no shame?

They were preaching those words, "Millions Now LIVING Will Never Die". That old lady at the end of the film with the stuffed animal beside her, is supposed to be the little girl that asked her daddy, supposedly about 80 years ago "Does this mean we will see mommy again?" That is an old lady in a nursing home. She will die, just as her father and the young man in the summer boater hat have done. Die. All living things die.

Rutherford lied to gullible people and lived a high life style on those gullible people's donations.

How can WT/JW.org drones get an emotional religious high from these lying words? Do they honestly want to live their whole life, in denial with nothing to show for it, but faithfulness to a man made up business? Have they forgotten how precious life is. Don't they have any wants, needs or desires of their own??? WT/JW.org are making sure they are getting their needs met. How about your needs???

LL

PS Yes, I know this is a movie and the people are actors. I found this film disgusting.

Religion is a snare and a racket. Rutherford knew, Knorr knew and so did Franz, Fred and Ray.

PSS Co Co, You know I you. My words are not aimed at you. I want everyone to wake up and understand that WT/JW.org people are liars. Quick frogs. The water is warming up. Get out while you still can. Hop away and live your life of your own choosing. Not someone else's.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Lois:

Your opening six words are key to what this is all about.

Everything you have written is stunningly to the point and has had the effect of getting my emotions under control. I now understand how easily I am manipulated. After all, this production is "Hollywood"!

Bless you.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks for your post script, Lois dear!

Love you!

CC

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

What Lois said.

This film is a shameful manipulation of sincere people's emotions - just as the real events were 70 years ago.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

It reminds me of an old movie I saw about this hustler who would go from town to town in the 30's,

he would buy a paper and after a checking the death notices turn up at widows/widowers doors to sell them a bible.

It was very successful scam, even people who did'nt believe in god bought one off him because he told them their loved one had ordered it.

His intro at the doors and his general MO was so scarily similiar to how JW's do their witnessing it shocked me into realising what an utter scam witnessing is.

The movie was fictional but the scam was a common one back then apparently.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

It reminds me of an old movie I saw about this hustler who would go from town to town in the 30's,

he would buy a paper and after a checking the death notices turn up at widows/widowers doors to sell them a bible.

"Paper Moon"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit