"We're calling on your neighbours to promote a website"

by Simon 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon

Wow, it's true - they don't call to 'promote god's kingdom' anymore but just their website!

We just had an old lady call and tell us that was exactly what they were doing and it has "lots of good things on their for children". Yeah, right ... sparlock?

The tracts she left doesn't say that you find the answers to questions in the bible but rather "Find the Bible's answers to these questions at jw.org".

• sir82
    sir82

I forget which poster said it, but....

How stupid is this?

A JW visits your door...to hand you a slip of paper, promoting a website...you go to the website, and request a JW to visit....

But wasn't there a JW already at your door, handing you the slip of paper?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

(Matthew 6:9-12) rNWT:

9 “YOU must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name website be sanctified. 10 Let your kingdom website come. Let your will JW.Org domain name take place, as in heaven, also upon earth. 11 Give us today our bread download for this day; 12 and forgive us our debts for not logging on, as we also have forgiven our debtors those who have not logged on to thy holy website. . .

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Thats exactly what I told my brother. Why get up in the morning, take shower, get dressed, drive to the KH, drive to the territory, walk to the house, knock on the door, wake up the people, have them rush to grab some clothes and open the door just to hand them a slip to go to a website? Wouldnt just mailing it out be more convenient for everyone? Why does everything have to be so dramatic with them?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Maybe they've realized that the average R/F JW is pretty much incompetent at recruiting. They can't tell them to immediately had over any interested ones to a pioneer or elder, without a lot of hurt feelings that would probably cause a drop off in the ministry. So they instead set up a system in which any interested people go to the website and ask for a visit, then a more competent indoctrinator can come knocking.

There's probably also quite a few (like me, for years) that don't keep track of the people who take the magazines and never do RVs. This system also removes that as a possibility, since the RVs will be done by a more zealous type.

Or maybe it's just to keep 'em busy so they don't think too much...

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Good deduction, Joe.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's bass ackwards. It's sad that they are so proud of their website, something they should have done twenty years ago. Then, instead of using their vast sums of money to do a real marketing campaign to raise visibility of their website, they use the door to door work, which has always been spectacularly unproductive. I guess it's a good thing, because if they used better marketing they might actually have a chance to get back to real growth, as there are still plenty of people with limited critical thinking skills.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Maybe they've realized that the average R/F JW is pretty much incompetent at recruiting.

They are, and this will change nothing. People are still going to ignore this website in the same way that they ignored the magazines. They are promoting this website as if this was the first website ever developed. The world is so saturated with web content that this will have little to no traction. But in a few months from now, they will report metrics on the website to show that this compaign was super successful.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

That's good, a phase two perhaps?

Soon they will start to promote merchandise thru the website (for sale). How long so you think is going to take to turn JW.org into anway.com (cult), herbalife.com (cult) or something like that. Witnesses will be "encourage" to buy (via donations) something on regular bases.

Ismael

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Well I for one hope millions of people go to the web site and ready the latest YPA on Creation v Evolution. I really thought the WTS had worked out not to use the worst, most debunked arguments against evolution (at least in public) yet there they are for all to read.

Young Rational People Ask....WTF????

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/teenagers/ask/creation-evolution-part-2/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit