Scriptures that now seem to apply to JWs

by Magnum 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

Here's my favorite: "By your words you will be condemned." (Matt.12: 37)

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Here is another scripture that fits the Jehovah's Witnesses:

Romans 9:26

and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’"

[Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness ----> ‘YOU are not my people,’

(see page 154 of the book; "Organized to do Jehovah's Will")

abe

• cade17
    cade17

I guess they(GB) like to think that they are the Faithful slave (Matthew 24:45-47) but i think they begin to be more like the bad slave (Matthew 24:48-51). in my opinion.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

When I read the following verses I think of non other than Jehovah's Witnesses:

'Every saying of God is refined....Add nothing to his words, that he may not reprove you, and that you may not have to be proved a liar.' (Prov 30:5,6)

It's not as though there are only a few teachings and doctrine that aren't Bible based-WT's entire belief system is saturated with man made inventions of beliefs.....waaaay toooo many to list!

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

Ironicly I was warned by a JW about false prophets. That actually led me into learning about their prophecies.

I think this is where people get the bible wrong. If you accept the truths of the bible that is great. However the truths in it are for YOU. They are not meant to give you a sense of self righteousnes as you beat others over the head with the bible. Rember remove the plank from your own eye before you try to remove the splinter from your neighbor.

• Magnum
    Magnum

litte_Socrates - I think that's actually what happened with a lot of us who were formerly active JWs; we removed the planks from our eyes. We gained the ability to see the fallacy of our own belief system. The majority of JWs are unable to remove the planks; they don't even think they exist. They're busy sitting high and criticizing everybody and everything outside JWdom and discussing how they're the chosen people of God and are the only ones who are going to be saved, but they can't (or refuse to) see the wrongs and craziness of their own religion.

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

Magnum that is why I like this site.

• Woody22
    Woody22

2 Tim.: 1-4 no natural affection

• Magnum
    Magnum

Ecc 12:12 - To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion [to them] is wearisome to the flesh.

The org has made many books. They just go and on about the same old stuff - mostly fluff. And lately they have become so dumbed down. Much devotion, in fact, almost any devotion, to them is wearisome. They distract. They keep JWs busy with light duty study and reading that keeps them from having time to question and do deeper research and doubt. JWs get the false impression that they are being filled with spiritual food, yet they are starving because there is no nutrtional value.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Here is a scripture that blatantly fits the Jehovah's Witnesses:

Genesis 3:4

At this the serpent said to the woman: "YOU positively will not die".

Millions Now Living Will Never Die.

They positively will not die.

Which now means that this scripture also fits the Jehovah's Witnesses:

2 Corinthians 11:3

But I am afraid that somehow, as the serpent seduced Eve by its cunning, YOUR minds might be corrupted away from the sincerity and the chastity that are due the Christ.

and also this one:

Revelation 16:13-14

And I saw three unclean inspired expressions [that looked] like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon ["YOU positively will not die"] and out of the mouth of the wild beast [Millions Now Living Will Never Die] and out of the mouth of the false prophet [Millions Now Living Will Never Die]. 14  They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and perform signs, and they go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.

Everything Jesus Christ said would happen, ......... is really happening!

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit