10 min meeting with all servants after the Tuesday meeting with CO

by Absalom 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

That's why we did the d-a. Since sending the note we haven't had our doorstep darkened one more time.

Marina

• Dagney
    Dagney

I've been gone for 13 years, but they do know I'm around. I wonder if any effort will be made to contact me. There hasn't been before. I figured they just threw away my card.

• Absalom
    Absalom

@dagney The org very rarely mentions those who have left. It is only about getting new ones. A close relative of mine has been inactive for 20 years but still attends meetings, and he had an elder tell him that he doesn't consider him a brother! I bet he will not be called on by the elders this week,

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Isn't a 10-minute meeting with Elders and Ministerial Servants standard-operating-proceedure at the beginning of each of visit with the CO??

Seems normal to me. Review agenda & expectations for the week and pass out assignments that will be monitored for progress for the duration of the week.

No? Not standard??

-Aude.

• sir82
    sir82

Isn't a 10-minute meeting with Elders and Ministerial Servants standard-operating-proceedure at the beginning of each of visit with the CO??

No, this is new. Typically the CO doesn't meet with MS & elders until the Friday of his visit.

It seems that the intensity level of the meeting will vary by CO. Ours was just perfunctory. Zero follow-up later.

• steve2
    steve2

The CO's visit is like making whipped cream: You gotta shake things up a minute or two to get any thickening - but within hours, you get a lumpy, watery mess. Sounds like my old congregation.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Well, since I'm disfellowshipped, I'll be spared the perfunctory phone call/visit. I can be most grateful for that!

Quendi

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Oh, they mention those who have left. They just paint them as materialistic or weak, or as hypocritical false disciples. There is no reasonable or acceptable reason to leave the ORG.

DD

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

He will probably also be keeping score between congregations - nothing like a bit of competition!

Next they'll build a "dunking pool" on the Kindom Hall lawn where pioneers can throw softballs at targets and dunk the inactive publishers.

Encouraging!

• jaded
    jaded

Rarely check this site anymore but was wondering why JW's parked across the street and only came to my house. Haven't been to a meeting in around 15 years. Didn't answer the door. Will have to warn hubby to watch out for the rest of the week. Good to know that this will not go on indefinitely. Thanks guys! Knew someone here would know what was going on. Isn't the internet great?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit