Jehovah's Witness cemetery trolls disrupt a Mothers grief

by Watchtower-Free 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

JWs are so ignorant. The person in question thinks she is spreading a message of hope, oblivious to the fact that others have their own beliefs and hope, and a cemetery is a place for repectful mourning.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I sometimes wonder why we don't hear things like "...you got some nerve..." or "...just who do you think you are?" in stories like this.

Maybe because most people are either just too gobsmacked at the intrusion, or too polite.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WatchtowerFree:

Many years ago I met an Australian lady who had lost her son and JWs came to her door and presented her with literature (possibly a book) that spoke about the hope for the dead.

The lady was horrified that they thought this book was going to make her feel "better"... This made a very bad impression on her. At the time I was a practicing JW and I apologized to her and said that what they did was inappropriate no matter how well-meaning they were.

More recently I heard of a JW who tried to offer the "resurrection" hope to a mother who lost a child... Mistake! She may have lost a friend over this.

In my opinion, the only time a JW should present literature about the "hope" for the dead is if somebody asks them about it.

People just DO NOT WANT TO HEAR about seeing dead loved-ones in some "never-never-land". They want them back NOW.

Don't JWs get it that their so-called comfort to the bereaved is really no comfort at all??

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hubby goes in to immediate cult mode when he hears of a death. He then graces me with his beliefs of the afterlife, and how everyone else is wrong. After he gets that off his chest, I put him on strict instructions that he is not to share any of this at the funeral!

To a True Believer (TM), such an intrusion makes perfect sense. It's life-saving information, after all.

How stupid, though. Leave people with their grief, and their hopes.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

What next?? Setting up a witness cart at the cemetary entrance? I am positive that the WT made up those stories.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This situation is not surprising since JWS are mainly pressured to proselytize out of guilt, taking an opportunist

approach such as funerals or cemeteries is not an unusual occurrence.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

The sister who did this probably uses her 'wonderful experiences' to encourage others. She's probably been on the platform at the assembly! And her being stopped will of course be the work of the devil(!)

• Watchtower-Free
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hubby goes in to immediate cult mode when he hears of a death. He then graces me with his beliefs of the afterlife, and how everyone else is wrong.

After he gets that off his chest, I put him on strict instructions that he is not to share any of this at the funeral!.....Jgnat

.................................................................................................. photo thsmilie_happy_251.gif

...................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I knew several people who scanned the obits and would mail tracts or show up at the funeral and hand them out.

The resulting outrage and anger made them so happy - they were being persecuted!

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit